Chapter 41 ♡

Chapter 41

(Zayn's POV)

I opened the door, recognizing the voice. I took a deep breath before coming face to face with Kat's father.

"Where is she?" He demanded.

"Who?" I tried to play it off clueless.
"My daughter who the fuck else?"

I shrugged as if I had no idea what he was talking about. He grew impatient with me and stormed into my house without permission. He shoved past me and looked around.

"Kat!" He shouted, "I know you're in here!"

"I don't know where she is." I said to him, hoping he'd leave.

He ignored me and continued looking around. Then, my heart stopped as he began walking towards a picture. The picture of Kat and I at the wedding. He squinted at it, then said, "don't bullshit me! You know where she is!"

I shut my eyes. There was no way I was going to tell him unless Kat walked out and told him herself.

Before I knew it, I heard footsteps coming towards me. My eyes flung open to reveal him marching towards me. Once he came close, he grabbed the collar of my shirt roughly.

"I thought I told you to stay away from my daughter." His voice echoed in my head as I stiffened at his tone.

"I thought I told you that I'm not with her." I replied back.

He glared at me, causing me to glare back just as hard. "I've called the cops once, don't make me do it again." He said to me.

I didn't reply, and after a moment of cold and dreadful silence, he became impatient and he shoved me backwards. I stumbled back before regaining my posture.

I looked over at my room to see Kat peeking out just barely. I signaled for her to shut the door slowly but she didn't notice me. Her eyes were following her dad as he roamed my apartment. He knocked things down angrily, cursing at thin air, and looked around everywhere.

"Excuse me Mark," I said to her dad, "but in case you haven't noticed, you're under my roof and I think it's illegal for you to come into my house without permission and destroy my property."

He raised his eyebrows as I walked towards him, "now get out."

He pushed me back, obviously not taking any care in what I had just said to him. My back hit the table behind me, causing the lamp to fall.

I clenched my fist tightly. Don't fight back Zayn, I kept telling myself, it's Kat's father.

"What's wrong Zayn?" He walked towards me, "you can't fight back?"

Before I knew it, his fist had came in contact with my stomach. I sucked in a breath, pain igniting inside if me.

"Huh?" He said again as I stayed silent. He punched my jaw next, the taste of blood entering my mouth.

He punched me again but I shut my eyes. Do it for Kat, I kept telling myself. If I was in Kat's dad's position, I would've done the same thing.

He raised his fist once more but then I heard my room door swing open.

"Dad stop!" Kat ran towards us, her sobs making it impossible to hear what she was saying.

Mark's eyes darkened. "I knew it! Kat I told you to stay away from him, didn't I? I told you not to be with him, but you didn't listen." He was now yelling, obviously angry.

I thought it was over but Mark shoved me back angrily again, causing Kat to yell.

"Dad please," she begged.