Chapter 86 ♡

Chapter 86:

(Kat's POV)

"Good morning Zayn," Cami spoke once Zayn and I walked in the library. She was leaning against the counter with a coffee in her hand, smitten. "And Kat," she added, smiling bitterly.

"Morning," I grinned at her, showing her that I wasn't affected by her.

She was surprised by my tone but didn't worry that much. "You guys ready for work?"

"Yup," both Zayn and I replied.

She nodded, "alright then. Kat, the teens section is straight down the hall. Grace will show you around, and Zayn, just come with me."

"Alright," Zayn said before turning to me and kissing me briefly on the lips, yet long enough for Cami to notice.

"Love you babe," he whispered loud enough for her to hear.

"Love you too," I smiled back.

Cami's face hardened as I walked past her, towards the Teen Section. I officially feel accomplished. You know when you see those action movies and a car explodes behind them and they're walking past it as if it's no big deal? Yeah, that's how I felt.

I walked into the teen section and saw a girl sitting behind the counter with her phone in her hand. I cleared my throat and she looked up.

"Oh hey," she smiled, "you're Kat, right?"

I nodded and she stood up off her seat as I walked behind the counter. "I'm Grace," she said, shaking my hand.

I smiled back, "nice to meet you."

"That's your computer," she said, pointing over at the one a bit away from her's.

I placed my bag on the floor next to my chair and we both took a seat. I watched as she kicked her legs on top of the desk, as if she was on vacation.

"You know," she started, "I'm surprised Cami hired you."

"Why?"

She shrugged, "she doesn't hire girls who she thinks are a threat to her."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "what does that mean?"

"It means that we work in a library but she treats it as if it's America's Next Top Model," she said to me. "And every girl is a threat."

"Then how'd she hire you?"

"I'm the boss' daughter," she smiled.

I nodded in understanding, "makes sense. I think Cami has this evil plot to steal my boyfriend."

"Zayn, right?" She asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows once again, "yeah. How'd you know?"

"Cami couldn't stop talking about how hot he was the moment after you guys left the interview."

My stomach sank, "skank."

Grace giggled, "couldn't agree more."

***

"Hottie alert," Grace called out from next to me, nodding over to the doors.

I saw Zayn walking inside, a smile on his face as he saw me. He walked and stood across the counter, "what's up beautiful?"

I turned to Grace and said, "Grace, meet Zayn."

Grace's cheeks turned pink as she apologized under her breath. I smiled at her as we both stood up off our seats. Grace and Zayn shook hands, introducing themselves.

"It's lunch break," Zayn said to me.

I turned to Grace, confused until she said, "oh yeah, it is. I forgot to tell you."