Chapter 70 ♡

Chapter 70

(Kat's POV)

Zayn was snoring lightly against me, his eyes shut. I examined him as he slept. He looked so peaceful, sleeping after so long. I resisted the urge to trace his jawline with my fingers, but it was very hard. His chest rose and fell against mine calmly, making my heart easier to beat. But ever since we slept three and a half hours ago, he still had his grip tight around my waist. He pressed me to his body, afraid of letting me go, making it even harder for me to leave.

But alas, I had no choice.

I tried to squirm out of his grasp but my efforts were useless when he pulled me in tighter and dug his face into the crook of my neck. "Stay with me," he whispered. I recognized his talking-in-his-sleep voice, and took a breath of relief. If he was awake, I'd be screwed.

I turned my head to the side, looking at the clock for the twentieth time since I had been laying here. It read 3:50 PM, considering the fact that Zayn and I decided to take a nap the second the entire world woke up. I hadn't gotten a minute of shut eye, wanting to stare at Zayn for as long as I could manage.

I waited until he was snoring again to try take two. Quickly and quietly, I wiggled out from between his arms, slipping a pillow in between them so he felt no absense for a while. Then, I ran to the bathroom and slipped on my jeans but put his T-shirt on, loving his smell. I found my phone and started to walk out of the room when I turned around after hearing my name.

"Kat," Zayn groaned, pulling the pillow tighter to him. For a spilt second, I actually felt jealous of the pillow, but I snapped out of it. I walked towards the bed, staring at him for one last time. A tear fell down my cheek as I slid my promise ring off my finger and set it on the side table. Hopefully he would take the hint.

I stared at him, peaceful in his sleep. "I love you," I whispered.

"Kat," Zayn spoke in response, but he was still asleep. "I love you."

I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to stop tears from erupting. I quickly turned back around, leaving his room before I had the chance to change my mind. Once in the living room, I didn't even try to hold back sobs. I took my jacket and walked out of his flat, trying my hardest not to turn around.

I had no car. And I couldn't go to dad's house looking like this. My only choice was to walk, and that's what I did. I walked away from everything I had ever wanted, just because I wasn't enough.

***

(Zayn's POV)

My eyes flew open around 7:48 PM. It took me a minute to collect my thoughts and realize how I had finally been sleeping. Then I remembered Kat was here, and we fell asleep together. I smiled, finally.

I stiffled a yawn as I looked around the bed. For some reason, I was hugging a pillow. She might have put it there because she didn't want me to feel lonely while she went to freshen up or something.

I lay in bed, thinking about how happy I would make Kat now that we were starting over. Tonight, I would take her to dinner, seeing that she hadn't ate a proper meal in ages. Maybe she could wear the red dress that I loved on her, and I would wear the button down, white shirt that she loved on me. Oh, and her favorite calogne. Anything to make her happy.

After a few more minutes of laying in bed and thinking about how happy I would be able to make Kat, I stood up. I stretched my arms over my head.

"Kat," I spoke, hoping that she would reply.

I smiled, she was probably outside watching TV and she couldn't hear me. I walked inside the bathroom, brushing my teeth and hair and slipping on a shirt. After I finished, I walked outside to my room.