Chapter 44 ♡

Chapter 44

(Kat's POV)

I walked inside my house, following dad who hadn't said a word to me the whole car ride back.

I wasn't quite sure why he was upset with me. Maybe it was because I wasn't happy about the fact that he took Zayn away from me once again. But for whatever reason, he still made me angry.

Cora had her hand on my back as she carefully guided me into the house. My crutches were making it impossible to walk without almost tripping.

Once I made it inside, Cora said, "do you want to go upstairs?"

I nodded and she began to help me.

"Wait," Dad ordered.

I didn't bother turning to face him like Cora did. Instead I just stood still, staring at the floor in front of me.

"What had gotten into you at the hospital?" He asked.

I shrugged, "I don't know what you're talking about."

I felt him walk over until he stood directly in front of me. "You embarrassed me in front of everyone."

"You mean Jack and Carlee?"

"That's not the point," he said. "And look at me when I'm talking to you!" He shouted.

I didn't look up and he didn't appreciate that.

"Do you not hear me?" His voice rang in my head.

Before I knew it, a cold hand came in contact with my cheek. I felt a sharp sting on my face. I didn't even bother to show emotion as he slapped me.

"Mark!" Cora said, surprised at his actions.

For some reason, I didn't show any emotion. I wasn't surprised because I know that when he's upset he takes his anger out on me, and I've experienced worse than just a slap. Such as multiples of beatings and other things. When dad's temper gets out of hand, he takes it out on the thing he cares about most; me.

"Listen to me Kat," his voice became stern, "you will not see that boy no matter what happens. Do I make myself clear?"

I didn't say anything, I mean why would I? I was going to see Zayn no matter what happened. Just because he had something against him doesn't mean that I had to agree.

I felt him grab my wounded arm harshly, causing extra pain to the cut that was not completely recovered. "I said, do I make myself clear?"

I had no other choice but to nod my head, but I didn't mean it. He let go of my arm roughly and stormed into his room, flustered with anger.

I didn't let that scene stop me for even a moment. I turned to start walking upstairs, not caring how physically hurt I was. Cora helped me up the steps but when I had reached my room, I asked her to leave.

I locked my room door and sat down on my bed. I threw my crutches to the side angrily as hot tears began to sting my eye. If dad had a problem with anger, I had a major problem with frustration.

Tears began pouring from my eyes, my whole body gave out. I felt my heart rate slowing down, my body trembling and becoming numb with pain.

Just when I thought I had experienced enough pain for one day, there was always more.

I sobbed and sobbed. So much pain had entered me that there was only one possible remedy for my happiness.

Just as I thought this, I heard a silent creak coming from the my room. I looked up to see the window flung open a dark figure climbing in through it extra carefully. Through my tears, I made out Zayn's face. He closed the window before rushing over to me.