Chapter 29 ♡

Chapter 29:

(Kat's POV)

"I'm home dad!" I yelled, walking into my house. I had just came back from visiting mom, Zayn dropped me off and hopefully dad didn't know. I fell onto the couch, wondering where dad could've gone. He said he was going to be home today since the whole town was snowed in. He couldn't have possible gone to work.

As I picked up my phone to try to call him, the sound of my brand new bracelet jingling filled my ears. I looked at it and smiled. Mom had gave me the bracelet just before I had left. When Zayn came to pick me up, mom told him to come inside and gave him the bracelet, instructing him to tie it on my arm, then told me to do the same. I asked her why she did it, and she said it meant that her blessing was with us. That was enough to make Zayn and I smile for the whole day.

"Hey sweetheart," dad said walking out of his room, "welcome back."

I smiled, "how are you?"

"Busy, busy, busy," he replied, "the wedding's so close I can almost taste it."

"Tell me about it," I got up of the couch and followed him into the kitchen.

"You chose the wrong weekend visit your mother, Cora was going crazy."

"Why?"

He picked up an apple from the fridge and examined it, "this was her only free weekend for dress fitting and what not, and she needed all her bridesmaids dresses finalized."

"Oh shit," I murmured, "when can I make it up?"

"I don't know," he said finally taking a bite, "you're going to have to ask her when she comes over today."

I nodded as he leaned on the counter, "are you excited for the wedding?"

"Yeah. A lot of changes are coming up soon."

He breathed, "you're telling me."

"I've got to move out, right?"

"If you'd like," he shrugged, "Cora and I going to live in this house but if you want to live on your own, you can."

He was being settle, I could just hear it in his tone. What he really wanted to say was, "you need to start gathering money and move out as soon as possible. Cora and I want to live alone."

But I nodded anyways, "I'll be out before you know it."

So then we started taking about the wedding, and changes that are going to be occurring, and some jobs I had to do. In one month I had to confirm all the last minute things if the wedding like dresses, decor, entertainment, food, and fulfill all maid of honor duties. Then I had to plan there hotel stay which they were going to at the night of the wedding and confirm there honeymoon to Paris.

So basically, nothing major.

"Go get changed, I'll make you some dinner." Dad told me after a while of discussion.

"Thank you," I said while getting off the stool. "Cora is one lucky girl to be marrying you."

"Oh stop it," he said, pretending to be flattered.

I giggled and walked up the stairs, once I got upstairs I noticed that my room had been cleaned. I wasn't sure if that was a good or a bad thing.

"He found a cigarette packet in one of your sweater pockets," Zayn had informed me when I asked him how dad knew that we met.

I searched my room, opening my drawers, being careful not to misplace anything from where dad had set them. I opened the first drawer of my dresser and found multiples of packs of cigarettes, stacked neatly besides each other. All of them were the same brand, but not the brand I used to use.