Chapter 6 ♡

Chapter 6

(Kat's POV)

"You won't believe what happened to me the other night." Carlee brought up, starting to tell me but I'm pretending to listen, nodding my head occasionally.

She and I were at our favorite coffee shop, Floyd's. It was a tradition sort of thing how me and Carlee came here every Wednesday morning, we haven't missed a morning ever since we were able to drive.

After she had finished talking, she asked me about Zayn. Of course, she already thought we were together within a one week period, but I wasn't like her.

"So, when are you two going to be official?" She asked.

I sighed, rolling my eyes, "no Carlee, we aren't together. Just friends, that's all."

"Sure," she winked an overly exaggerated wink.

Ignoring her, I took a sip of my coffee, looking around the shop to see a small crowd. Not many people came here, for many reasons. For one, it was extremely old, and two, it was so small that people mistook it for a laundrymat.

Carlee and I liked to call it "our little secret" because we would always come here if something was wrong, keeping it a secret from everyone else. Most of the time we wouldn't even come to drink the coffee, we would just come here, listening to the low music playing above our heads and staring at the small television in the corner of the room.

My thoughts were interrupted by Carlee squealing, "Drew! Oh my gosh I can't believe you're here!" She stood up off her seat and ran towards the tall boy standing in front of the door. I recognized him from Carlee's birthday party, the guy she danced with.

I stood up off my chair, realizing that Carlee would be distracted for a while. I walked towards the door as the waiter, Josh, shouted a quick goodbye to me.
Waving him off, I left after telling Carlee. She of course, didn't seem to mind.

Chills were sent down my spine when I opened the door to the cold London weather. I turned the corner and hopped into my car, Calree could probably get a ride home from Drew.

I stuck my keys into the ignition and started the car, switching on the air conditioner and hitting the power the radio.

I started driving, humming along to the tune of the radio. When I reached the house, I spotted Jack outside my door, staring at his watch, then looking back up to knock on my door for what I figured wasn't the first time. I pulled into my driveway which diverted his attention from the door to me.

"Kat! I've been looking everywhere for you." He raced towards me as I stepped out of my car, locking the door behind me.

"Whats up?" I asked normally.

"You forgot?" He groaned, "Kat, I thought I made myself clear when I told you that I'd be picking you up at 1:00."

"Why what's the-" I stopped mid sentence, remembering what he was talking about. "Oh, sorry."

I had promised Jack over a month ago that we could go to the carnival, yes he was a bit too old for the carnival but every time I asked him he'd reply by saying, "nobody is too old for cotton candy and free prizes." I glanced my watch, realizing it was only 12:18. Which meant we had a little over 30 minutes to leave.

"Relax Jack. We'll go." He took a breath of relief, "okay, good."

Instantly, I remembered Zayn. I don't know why, but I did, so I asked Jack, "do you think we could bring another person along?"

He shrugged, "sure. If it doesn't take too long-"

"Great! I'll be right back." I raced across the street then up the steps of the apartment complex. I found Zayn's door and knocked on it. He answered after a brief moment, and to my surprise, he was shirtless.