Chapter 65 ♡

Chapter 65

(Zayn's POV)

"This isn't the bar," I said to Jack as he pulled up in front of Kat's flat.

He turned to me and smiled, "I'm very aware of that."

"Jack," I ordered, "I can't see her today. Not after everything that happened."

He shut off the car and unlocked the doors, "I don't give a shit. You guys either fix this now, or I'm going to start making my move on her."

That was enough to take me out of the car. I heard him laughing as he locked the car behind him. I followed him as we walked to the door of her flat. Jack knocked.

"Who is it?" I heard Kat's voice say from the other side of the door. I sucked in a breath.

"It's Jack."

She opened the door slowly and my heart started to race. Before Jack, her eyes landed on me. I didn't bother to smile at her, I just examined her. She had gotten so much weaker and skinnier. I was afraid that if I touched her, she'd break. Tears were already forming in her red and swollen eyes, and I realized they were just as swollen as mine. The only thing that made my heart flutter was the fact that she had our promise ring still on her finger.

She turned to face Jack, "please. Take him away please."

Jack didn't listen to her. Instead, he barged into her flat, dragging me with him. I stumbled inside and noticed the place was a mess, which was very unlike her.

"Guys, fix this. You guys can't even take a breath without each other. Just go on. It's not that hard." Jack said, shoving me towards Kat.

I stared at her, but she avoided eye contact with me. "Jack please, I can't talk today. Please," she cried

I turned to look at Jack, not being able to look into her eyes any longer. "Jack, let's go."

He rolled his eyes, "no. And Kat, give the guy a break huh? It's his birthday for God's sake. He's been crying on his couch all day."

My entire body filled with rage, but I was too saddened to do anything. I turned back around to face Kat, who I realized was looking at me, but looked away quickly hoping I wouldn't notice. I shut my eyes and breathed hard, controlling myself from an outburst of different emotions. Which never ended well.

"Whatever you guys have going on, fix it. Nobody is leaving until you guys are happy." I heard Jack say.

Easier said than done.

I took a deep breath. If Kat wasn't going to start, I might as well. What have I got to lose? "Kat," I spoke, opening my eyes. "I'm sorry, I love you so much. It was a mistake, everything that happened that day. I love you."

She looked down at the floor, tears falling from her eyes that I was cringing to wipe away. "Can you please leave?"

I flinched but Jack answered from behind me. "Nope!"

"I'm so sorry," I said again.

Now she looked up at me. "It's too late Zayn. The damage has already been done."

I took a step closet to her, but instead she pulled away. "Listen to me baby, I was drunk. It was a mistake. There is nothing I meant that I said that day."

She laughed coldly, but I could tell that she was holding back more tears. "Zayn, I can't handle this right now. Please leave."

"Kat please, just give me a second chan-"

"No!" She yelled impatiently. "Why can't you understand that you were my second chance, Zayn. You were my second chance at love. But now I can't feel anything anymore, because of you! I don't even know how to feel!"