Chapter 14 ♡

Chapter 14

(Kat's POV)

I was awoken to the sound of a faint vibration buzzing in my ears. My phone had been ringing, but since it was so early in the morning, I decided to ignore it. It took me a moment to remember that Cora and Dad weren't home and they were probably calling to check up on me.

I quickly stumbled out of bed and walked toward my dresser, where to phone was lying, and answered it.

"Hello?" I spoke, trying not to sound as sleepy as I was.

But I had failed when I heard Cora on the other line say, "Hello? Kat you're still sleeping?! You need to get dressed. Your appointment with Gusto is in a few hours!"

My eyes widened, "oh sorry, I'll get ready right now."

"Great! Do you need a ride there? Or can you take your dad's car?"

I thought about that for a second, "yeah." I spoke, "yeah are the keys at home?"

"Yup! Now don't forget to eat breakfast, you need to be fresh and look perfect to get this job."

"Okay," I replied.

"Oh, and take Carlee with you, she needs to fill out a few forms in order to work with you."

I said again, "okay."

"Fabulous! Call me if you need anything, I'll be there in a flash."

"No, it's fine, you enjoy your day off with dad, tell him I said hi."

"Alrighty," she said so joyfully, "I'll talk to you later Kat."

After I has hung up the phone, I took a quick shower and combed my hair. Then I ran to my closet and grabbed a dress that showed enough leg and hugged my body good enough to show how much weight I had lost. Even though it was freezing outside, I couldn't blow this opportunity. I was so close to getting this job.

After I had finished my hair, makeup and found the right shoes, I decided to call Carlee and tell her that I was going to pick her up and we had to go meet up with Gusto. She had agreed and told me to hurry before I got late.

I took a quick look in the mirror and realized that I may have looked strange compared to the other models. They all had something spectacular about them and me, well I was just, me. Simple as can be.

"Okay," I whispered to myself, "if you don't get this job, don't be disappointed, it will have a reason behind it, like perhaps a skinnier model. So don't feel bad, whatever happens, happens."

I nodded at myself approvingly, then grabbed dad's keys and left the house. While I was walking out the front door and into the car, I looked towards Zayn's apartment but didn't see him outside.

Sitting inside my car and starting it, I turned in fact to see Zayn coming out of his apartment. And may I just say he looked very nice. His hair was groomed into a perfect quiff, as he straightened the blazer he was wearing and walked towards his car.

I stayed for a second, watching him as he got into his car, trying to start it up. But I saw him cursing to himself when it didn't budge. He looked around a little and saw me and smiled. Getting out and locking his car, he started towards me.

I rolled down my window and smiled, "hey there handsome."

"Good morning beautiful, where are you heading?"

Oh shit. How would he react if I told him where I was going? He would be angry, but what could I do? I couldn't lie to him.

"Uh, I was heading to the modeling agency, I had the interview today." I stuttered.