Chapter 32 ♡

Chapter 32

(Kat's POV)

"This is a disaster!" Cora exclaimed, speed walking frantically across the decorated room.

"It'll be okay," I spoke, trying to calm her down.

"No it won't," she spat, "what do we do?"

"I'll handle it," I told her, "go sit down I'll be right there."

Cora, despite everything, finally obeyed to what I had said. She walked across the room to a table and sat down, taking a couple of breaths.

We were aweek away from the wedding, and Cora and I came to the wedding hall to get everything sorted. We just finished with the last minute details, change of flowers, and food confirmation. We did have a couple of phone calls left though.

The room was decorated in white and dark blue. The tables covers were a dark blue with white flowers as the centerpiece, the curtains were also blue and went great with the white crystal chandeliers. Everything seemed perfect to me, but Cora had one problem; the napkins were the wrong shade of blue.

She demanded to change all of them but the manager said that's all he had left, so it looks like I'll have to take care of this one. Again.

"Hello," I said through the phone after the manager picked up.

"Hello, what can I do for you?"

"I'm calling about Cora and Mark's wedding next week, the I'd a little problem."

"Ah, the napkin crisis, am I correct?" He said as if he read my mind.

"Yeah, about that, can I pay you anything extra so you can get them ready on time?"

"Um," he thought, "how's thirty?"

"Twenty five," I fought, "or we'll find someone else."

"Alright, twenty five. Dark blue am I right?"

"Correct," I spoke and he hung up after discussing the details.

I walked over to Cora, letting her know about the napkins. She got happy and said thanks before assigning me to one more list of phone calls.

I was almost finished with all of the phone calls now, talking and arguing here and there, but now I just had one more left.

"I'm calling about the entertainment you have set for Cora and Mark's wedding next week." I spoke into the phone.

"Oh about that," a man spoke from the other line, "something has come up and we won't be able to make it."

"What?" I nearly yelled, "what the hell? The wedding is next week and you're canceling?"

"In sorry ma'am but an emergency has come up."

"Well that's bullshit," I spat. I was angry at them for canceling because a lot was depending on entertainment. I was also fed up with all these phone calls I was hoping this one would and in two minutes with good news. What would I tell Cora?

"Our sincere apologies ma'am-" the man started but o hung up in frustration.

I ran a hand through my hair stressfully and walked over to Cora who was standing at the doorway, about ready to go.

"Entertainment canceled," I spoke without thinking much.

She turned around as her eyes widened, "what?!"

"They said an emergancy came up and they couldn't make it."

She took a deep breath, "what in the world are we going to do?" She began pacing back and forth.