24

"It's only about 5 now, and you know the clubs don't start getting fun until around 11 or midnight," she replied, still looking at her phone. I hadn't even bothered to check mine anymore. "Anything new on Insta or Twitter?" She nodded. "Yeah, Colby posted a story." I heard his voice start, and I leaned over so that I could see her screen. It said it was posted two minutes ago. The camera panned to his gorgeous face while he was standing on his balcony. It was him up there and I could see Brennen in the background. "Hey guys, we're here at Playlist and we've already met some of you guys! It's been amazing and thank you so much for all of the gifts and support. I wanted to talk about something really quick though, since everyone else is already talking about it. I wasn't intentionally being rude when I ran from the group of fans that saw me in the hallway. I honestly got a little freaked out. There were so many of you guys and I've seen people get trampled before. You know that I love talking to you guys, but you all just came running at me." He shook his head a little, and pursed his lips. "Please don't stalk our room and stuff okay? If we see you, we will gladly take pics and talk if we have the time but let us have a little privacy too. The girl that you seen me grab was just an unlucky bystander who happened to have her door open. Nothing more so don't harass her either. Alright? Okay, I love you guys so much, but let's remember to be nice." He kissed his fingers, then held them up in a peace sign before cutting the video. I looked back up to the balcony and saw the guys still standing up there. This was a weird experience. Usually, I watch the stories and feel like I know what they're doing. Now I can actually see them right after they did the story, or actually probably while they were doing it. Very weird experience. "Now there's already a lot of talk on Twitter about what he said in his story. About you, well, the girl, and about how the fans scared him. Some are understanding, some are saying he's full of shit." Necee shrugged. "Whatever. It'll pass. If not, we riot." I laughed and nodded. "Definitely. So where are we going tonight?" She found it on her phone again and started reading. "The Independence Bar. Vintage rock to top 40, indie to 80s new wave, the Independent Bar hits that sweet spot between dance club and dive bar, a place where patrons are welcome to dress to impress or roll in in Chucks and ripped jeans. Seriously, man, no one's looking, relax. Multiple bars make getting drinks a non-issue and a friendly atmosphere makes for a relaxing, no-stress night of dancing and people-watching; patrons might be yuppies or rockers, goths or indie hipsters, it really is that eclectic." She looked up at all of us. "Sounds perfect, right? We can drink, dance, and just relax. Have a good time. Might not be live music but it sounds like a great time." "Yeah actually, ,that does sound perfect. I'm excited. Too bad we can't just go now," I replied, biting my lip. It had been so long since I had been able to just go out and enjoy a night with my friends. I rarely drank anymore, and if I did, it was only a little, because I remembered my past so well. Didn't wanna be that person again. "This gives us plenty of time to hype ourselves up and look hot! Come on, lets go pick our outfits and get our showers. Plus we need to eat dinner too. Can't drink on an empty stomach," Sarah sang out, jumping up and pulling Kenzie with her. I laughed and glanced up to the balcony again. It was empty. "Okay, let's get started. I didn't bring anything to go out in though, not really," I replied. Sarah rolled her eyes. "You can make any fit a fit to go out in. It just needs a little 'oomph,'" she said, rolling her shoulders. "Okay, whatever you say Ms. Fashionista. Let's go." We made our way back to our room, and I couldn't help eyeing the door next to us as we walked by. It was really hard to think about anything else when I knew they were right beside us. Maybe they weren't though. Maybe they had went to a meeting, or out to eat, or- "YOOO!" I heard a loud bellow come from behind the door, then a crash, followed by laughter. Nope, they were definitely in there. "Wonder what the crackheads are up to in there..." Denise said wryly, looking at the door too. "Being crackheads," Sarah replied, flipping her hair back and opening hers and Kenzie's door. "See you ladies soon. Tonight, we worry about our fun, not theirs." Kenzie rolled her eyes, laughing at Sarah, then waved to us, and followed her inside. Denise sighed, and looked at the door one last time, before sliding the key card into ours. "She's right. We can't be focused on them and what they're doing the entire." I nodded in agreement, but looked at the door again, when I heard a familiar deep rumbling laughter echo through the walls. "Yeah, let's get ready," I said, following her into our room. We took turned up some music, opened the door between our rooms, so that we could talk to Kenzie and Sarah, helped each other pick out our outfits, then took our showers. We still had plenty of time so thought we would order room service before we took our showers and started getting ready. I lay back on the bed, and pulled out my phone. "I seriously have to take my phone off of silent. Colby posted another story," I said, opening the app. Colby popped up on the screen, in bed, shirtless, with a half smile.