87 Colby's POV

I disconnected the call and looked back at Jade. "Couldn't you have waited until I got finished talking?" She scoffed at me and rolled her eyes. "Please, if you were talking to that girl that you won't shut up about, I would've been waiting forever. We need to go. Matt is waiting on us." I stood up from the bed that I was sitting on and started walking towards her. She was an attractive girl, vibrant dyed red hair, with blonde streaks on the sides, tight little body, outgoing personality...and a really good friend. She begged me to come out tonight, when I told her I really just wanted to stay in my apartment. Matt was the guy she was talking too, another friend of mine, and an up and coming tattoo artist in the LA area. She was getting a tat from him and wanted a wing man. It's always been hard for me to say no where my friends are concerned, especially if they need help, so here I was, stuck at this party, when I really just wanted to go home and facetime Terra. I had called her this time because I thought her seeing me at a party probably wasn't a great thing to do. My drunk ass forgot about the time difference. I can't believe that I called her at 3 am and woke her up. I shook my head at myself. I was such a dumb ass sometimes. The alcohol was messing with my brain. I had hung out and danced with Jade for a little while, took a few shots, tried to loosen up and have fun. When I checked the time on my phone and noticed that I had a text from Terra, I all but pissed myself from excitement. I didn't even give myself time to think about the time difference or anything. I just called her. It was so great to hear her voice again, even though it had only been half a day since I had seen her. It felt like so much longer. I knew that I fell too fast for girls, and I knew that I fell too fast for her...but I couldn't seem to stop myself. Even tonight, surrounded by females, most of them showing so much skin, I didn't have to imagine much, I could only think about her. Some of the girls made advances on me, but I mainly ignored them, staying to myself in a corner of the room, when I wasn't hanging out with Jade. I just wasn't feeling it tonight. "Alright, let's go then," I told Jade, slipping my phone back into my pocket. We made our way through the packed house and out to the Uber she had waiting for us. "Thanks for coming with me tonight Colby. I really appreciate it," she said, smiling at me, her green eyes glinting in the light of her phone. I smiled back and reached my hand over, patting her leg. "That's what friends are for." I didn't hang out with Jade much, or any female friend for that matter. Not unless we were in a group, because people always got the wrong idea, and there were ALWAYS pictures posted on social media. If I hugged them, danced with them, anything, there was speculation and the ever popular "Can you just DATE ALREADY?" on most of the pics. I was sure that there would be plenty tonight and tomorrow, if there wasn't already. It got annoying, but that was part of being in the social media spotlight. I was usually fine with being single. I got to party, didn't have to answer to anyone, didn't have to explain myself, could just go anywhere I wanted, when I wanted. I wasn't expected to keep in touch with people, besides my friends, and there wasn't a time frame on that. After this past week though, I could feel myself craving that affection that I had lost when I got into that Uber that took me to the airport, away from Terra. After only a week, it almost felt like I was leaving a part of myself behind. I didn't really know what to call us though, if anything. I had told her that I couldn't make her any promises, and she had readily accepted that. Sure, she acted like it was really bothering her that we were separating and maybe it did, but she didn't even try to get me to promise her anything. It was weird and I didn't really know how to take it. Did she even want to try things out with me, or was it just not worth it since we lived so far away from each other? Would that really be the last time we saw each other? The alcohol that I had consumed was buzzing through my brain, making my already deep thinking even worse. I pulled my phone back and got on Twitter. "Was it really real? Or was it all an act?" I tweeted, then put my phone back up. I knew she would eventually see it. Maybe she would DM me on Insta or text me. Maybe she would ignore it. I didn't know because I didn't really know her. Yeah, I knew facts that she had told me, and I knew how her nose crinkled when she laughed, and the way she blushed when I said something dirty. The way her skin felt so soft and warm against mine, her lips the perfect fit to mine, but did I really KNOW her? Can you really get to know someone in a week? "We're here," Jade said, pulling me from my thoughts. We got out of the car in a quiet neighborhood, and she grabbed my hand, pulling me towards one certain house. It was nice, a two story suburban home with a garage, and possibly a pool. There was a cement barrier going around the backyard so I couldn't be sure. She knocked on the door, and a few moments later, Matt opened it. "Hey, it's about fucking time," he replied, smiling at Jade, before looking at me and grasping my hand. We both leaned in, patting each other's backs. "What's up brother? It's been a while," he asked, leading us inside. "He's obsessed with some girl that he met in Florida. A FAN," Jade replied, winking at me as she spilled what I had told her in confidence.