38

We only saw the guys and Tara in passing for the next couple of days. It seemed like they were really busy, with meetings, and panels that they still had to do. The few times we saw them in the hallways, or around the convention area, they were surrounded by fans, taking photos and talking. I caught Tara's eye one time and she waved and smiled. I returned it, and looked at Colby, but he was engrossed in a conversation with a pretty brunette wearing a Chosen hoodie from his merch line. I felt a surge of jealously and turned my head away. There was no reason for me to feel that way. I was nothing to him. Another fan, that just so happened to get a kiss...still didn't understand that, but I hadn't even talked to him since then. "You okay?" Neece asked, noticing that I had gotten lost in my head as we walked around the hotel area. I nodded and gave her a small smile. "I'm okay. Just thinking." She looped her arm through mine, and we continued on with our day. Sarah had been messaging Brennen though. He had looked her up the night we met up at the bar, and opened her direct messages. I didn't know how she had the courage to let him do that, considering the thirsty ass messages that she sent. When I asked her about it, she just shrugged it off. "If he didn't like it, they wouldn't make things like the Brolby calendar. Those are specifically for thirsty ass hoes like myself." I laughed, and shook my head. "I agree, but I would still be so embarrassed." She raised her eyebrows at me. "Then you better hope that Colby never finds your fan page, cuz you are a thirsty bitch." I blushed and laughed. "I know, but honestly, how could anyone not be?" I asked, holding my phone up on a particularly sexy video that Colby had done a little while back. The song "Bad Guy" by Billie Eilish sounded from my phone, while an extremely sexy Colby with no shirt on showed on the screen. She bit her lip and smiled while looking at it. "My point exactly. He can't do things like that and not expect us to turn into thirsty bitches. It's common sense and he's not dumb. He does it on purpose, bc HE KNOWS the impact that he has on us." We reached the restaurant that we were headed to, to sit down for a little lunch, and found us a table. "So," I started, setting my phone down on the table, in front of me. "Has Brennen said anything about Colby?" I tried to make my voice sound casual but they all knew how bad this had messed me up, no matter how much I tried to keep it hidden. That was the bad part of getting close to people sometimes. You couldn't hide it anymore. Sarah gave me a sympathetic look that I hated, and shook her head. "Not anything worth mentioning. Just said they've all been really busy." The waitress came around and took our orders. I just got a grilled chicken salad. Wasn't that hungry. "But they should be at the pool party tonight!" Sarah exclaimed excitedly. "It's the last night and everyone will be there. We're still going right?" I rolled my eyes. "Of course we're still going! It's gonna be the best night ever and I didn't bring my bathing suit for nothing. We haven't been swimming at all, since we've been here. We're in Florida, for Christ's sake. We have to swim." They laughed at how determined I was, but I was serious. I planned to enjoy myself, before I had to go back home where there was nothing to do. I was nervous that Colby would be at the party, since I hadn't seen or heard from him since he kissed me. I felt like he was avoiding me and that hurt my heart. I didn't want it to be like that, but I guess I didn't want to be just another fan either. Not after that kiss. It was burned into my brain and on my lips. It just wouldn't go away. We made our rounds with the convention, saw a few panels, a few other influencers, bought more stupid souvenirs, took crazy photos, everything that we could think of before heading back to our room. I heard music blaring from the guys room as we passed by it. "Sounds like they're already getting in the mood for the party," Kenzie said, staring at the door as we walked by. "Yeah, it does," I said softly, unlocking our door. Kenzie and Sarah came in with us but went to their room to get ready. I dug through my suitcase, looking for my new swimsuit that I had bought specifically for this occasion. It wasn't anything special, but I thought it was cute. "Finally," I said, pulling the bikini top out, then fishing around for the bottom. I found it and pulled it out too. Denise had her laying out on the bed by that time. A cute little black bikini, with the top criss crossing over the breast area. The bottom had open slits across the hips, pretty much baring that part of the body. It was going to look amazing on her. I took my simple white one to the bathroom to change, and fix my hair and makeup while I was at it. Might as well look my best. It was a party after all. Once I got changed, I examined the way the suit fit in the mirror. I was never very big on self esteem, avoiding thinking about it at all if possible, but even I had to admit that the suit looked pretty damn good. It was a white string bikini with a black outline, and black straps that tied in the valley of my breasts, and around my neck. The bottom also had the black outline, with only the string across my hip area. A small black rose sat at the waistband of the bottom and in the corner of the triangle of the top. It was cute but not overly sexy. I threw on some cut off blue jean shorts, and a basic white tee, before finishing my hair and makeup.