91

The hoodie probably did smell, but it comforted me. I'm such a romantic and when I wear it, it feels like I have a piece of Colby with me still. It still even kind of smells like him. Of course, I've worn it so much, the smell has faded drastically. Denise is probably right. As much as I hate too, it needs to be washed. I took it off, looked at it one more time, then threw it in my dirty clothes basket. Can you separation anxiety from an article of clothing? Because I swear, I could. I shook my head at how ridiculous I was being, and jumped in the shower. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about Colby, while the hot water rushed over me. When I ran my fingers through my wet hair, rinsing out my shampoo, my mind jumped back to when he had threaded his fingers through my hair to kiss me. I really hated my brain sometimes. I started singing one of Ryan Oakes songs "Numb" to take my mind off of it. That is truly one of my favorite songs and I can relate to it so freaking much. By the time I sung through that, and Pretty Heartbreak's MadHatter, I was almost finished. I wasn't wasting time shaving, or any of the extra girl stuff I usually did. Why did I need too? I squeezed the water from my hair, and stepped out onto the bathmat. I grabbed my towel from the hook, and dried off, then wrapped it around myself, before tying my hair up in a separate one. Hell, maybe I could even do a little shopping while we were at the mall. I had gotten my first check this past Friday, and it was more than I expected. I would have to thank Sarah again for the job. It really wasn't that bad. Boring sometimes, but not a bad job. I stared at myself in the mirror while I brushed my teeth and thought about what I really needed to buy, versus what I wanted to buy. When I thought of what I wanted, it was hard to come up with anything because I was so conservative with my money. PlayList had been the only thing that I had splurged on in years. I rinsed my mouth and my toothbrush, and walked back into my room. Denise had said dress nice. What she meant was don't look like a hobo. Okay, I could do that. I pulled out a basic pair of ripped skinny blue jeans, and a white t-shirt that I tied at the waist. Covered that with a black jean jacket, and put on my rings and chains. My white Vans completed the look. Simple, comfortable, and nice. I even felt like putting my make up on. When I grabbed the Gucci bag that Tara had given me, my heart twisted a little but I shook it off. I grabbed my phone and started my playlist, then set it on my dresser. I had a chair in my room that I used to pull in front of my dresser to do my makeup. It was the only mirror in my room and I didn't feel like leaning over the bathroom sink for the next thirty minutes. I started my routine, was about halfway through when my phone rang. I glanced at it and jumped a little in my chair. Video call from Colby. Fucking video call when I was sitting here, looking half dead with half done make up. I pointed the camera away from me and answered it. "Hey," I replied, noticing that my hands were shaking a little. I hadn't heard his voice in two days. "Hey, where are you? I can't see you," he answered with that deep voice of his. I glanced at my screen and saw his beautiful face, his hair perfectly messy, his blue eyes shining with a confused expression, his full lips that I wanted to kiss again so...fucking...desperately. "I'm putting my makeup on. I look dead right now," I confessed. He laughed, that gorgeous smile stealing my breath like it always did. "You could never look bad Terra. Come on, I want to see you! Please," he begged, biting his lip, while he stared into the phone. "Fucking cheater," I mumbled, before turning the phone back towards me. "There's my beautiful baby girl," he said, smiling. I felt myself blush and returned to my makeup, to cover it. "I thought you didn't wear makeup much?" he asked. I shrugged and blended in my eye shadow. "I don't. Not really. Going to town with Necee and I..." I stopped myself before I told him that I had been pining over him, wallowing in self despair, hugging his damn hoodie. I cleared my throat and started again. "I got my check yesterday, so we're gonna go shopping at the mall. Have a little fun." "The mall? Sam and I used to go pick up girls at the mall," he mused, staring at me intently. I wasn't even looking at him, but I could feel his eyes burning into me as I finished my eye make up. "I know the story Colby. I'm not going to pick up girls though. Not this time," I joked, then twisted the cap back on my mascara, before picking up my lip tint. Didn't want a lot of color, just a bit. I applied it to my lips, then realized that Colby wasn't saying anything. "You still there?" I asked, glancing back at the screen. He was there, just watching me. He fucking watched me all the time when we were together, but I wasn't used to it anymore. Hell, I never got used to it. "Yea, just watching you," he said, smiling, a little sadly. "No shit," I muttered quietly, and continued to finish up my makeup. "Okay, all done," I said, shoving everything back into the bag. I looked at my phone and pursed my lips, then put my hand straight out, under my chin, posing. "How does it look?" I asked, turning my head from side to side. "You look beautiful...but you always do," he replied softly. I met his gaze, and felt my heart twist. Damn, I missed him. I just wanted to hug him. Denise ducked her head inside my room. "Hey T, you- Damn you look HOT! You're gonna have every guy there drooling."