104

I nodded, and looked over to my friends. They were still still dancing, turning up their drinks and having a great time. It didn't look like they would be stopping any time soon. "Let me just let them know that we're leaving. Denise can catch a ride with them, if she's not ready to go." He nodded, and held my hand until my fingertips dropped from his as I walked away. It was kind of bittersweet, a reminder that I would have to let him go soon. Very soon. Ugh, I hated this feeling so much. I didn't want to have to do this again. I was just getting to where I didn't crave him every single day. Yeah, he still crossed my mind several times, a day, but it didn't make me sad every time anymore. I felt like this surprise visit from him was just going to start that entire period over again...but that was okay. I knew I could get past it now, and I would deal with it all again, if it meant that I got to spend a little time with him. Colby would always be in my heart. I reached my friends, and Denise caught my hand with a smile, pulling me in to dance with them. I laughed, and joined them for just a moment. I was spun around and passed between hands several times, until I was looking up at Justin. His hands were on my hips, his body moving with mine to the music. He smiled at me and winked, but I could see the sadness in his eyes. I smiled back, then leaned forwards to kiss his cheek. Justin would always have a place in my heart too, as one of my best friends. I hoped that was enough for him. I moved from his grasp and turned back to Denise. "Hey, Colby and I are about to leave. He has to be up and driving in a few hours. Do you want a ride home or you gonna catch one with one of these dorks?" I asked, motioning around to our friends with a grin. She kept dancing and pouted at me. "Aw, you guys leaving so soon? The party's just getting started!" She shimmied a little in front of me, making me laugh. I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, I don't want to miss any time with him. You know how it is," I sighed. She gave me a sympathetic look and sighed. "Yeah, I know. I want to go tell him bye though. Since I won't see him in the morning when I get up." I nodded, and walked back to Colby. He held his arms out to me, a thoughtful look on his face. "You have some friends that want to say goodbye," I said, leaning into his chest, turning my head to the side. I saw Denise, Sarah, and Kenzie walking towards us. The guys didn't come over, just stayed standing in the middle of the dance floor, watching us. Sarah saw me watching them. "They offered to come over, but I told them to stay over there. Didn't want to make it weird. He's only met Justin anyways, so it doesn't matter." I nodded, silently thanking her with my eyes, and backed away from Colby, so the others could get their hugs. "I wish you could stay Brock. Next time bring Brennen's ass with you. I miss him a little bit," Sarah replied, hugging him around his neck. Colby grinned. "I'll do my best. He still talks about you." Sarah smiled a little and blushed. I could tell she was pleased but she just moved away and let Kenzie have her turn. "See you around Colby," She said quietly, her eyes shining a little. Kenzie always was emotional. "Aw, don't make me cry Kenz. I'll see you guys again. I promise," Colby said, squeezing her a little tighter. She sniffed and backed away. Denise stood in front of him, and shook her head. "What did I do this time Neece?" He groaned, looking towards the ceiling. She laughed and threw her arms around his neck. "You didn't bring Corey and you're leaving too damn soon, you ass! I'm gonna miss you." They hugged for a moment, then she pulled back and wiped her eyes. "Behave yourself Brock. You know the drill," Neece said, looking at me, then back to him. He held up two fingers in a Scout's honor, and gave her a soft smile. She nodded, they told me bye, then they walked back to the dance floor with the guys. "I love them, ya know," he said quietly, watching them walk away. I was a little floored, because he didn't even say that to me...but I got it. I loved them too. They were the best friends that a girl could have. "They love you too," I replied, meeting his gaze. He bit his lip, like he wanted to say something else, but he didn't. "Come on, let's get out of here," he replied, taking my hand in his, and pulling me towards the door. We made it outside, and he opened the car door for me to get in. I did, he shut the door, and walked around to the driver's side. He was quiet for a few minutes, starting the car, putting on a song, turning the lights on, all that stuff. Before he put the car in drive, he turned to look at me. "You're sure you can't come to Savannah? Just for a few days? It would be the perfect time for Denise to meet Corey. You know she'd love that." He had his eyebrows raised, a hopeful look in his eyes. He was trying to coerce me, and I knew it. I was okay with it. It made me feel wanted by him. I bit my lip and looked down at my lap where I was twisting the rings on my fingers. "I want too. I just don't think that it's safe for me to do that with my job...but I had an idea." I had been thinking about how to do this all night honestly, because I really wanted to go. "Yeah," he asked, grinning, now that he thought I might go with him. "What's that?" I met his gaze again, and shrugged. "Maybe I don't get vacation days yet, but if I'm sick, I'm sick. I don't think I feel very well. I may not be able to make it to work all week," I replied, making my voice sound pitiful. "Well, that's too bad," Colby smirked.