34

It seems like I was drowning in his eyes, almost unable to breath, my breath catching in my throat. "You gonna tell me what's so funny?" he asked. I pressed my lips together, and sat quietly for a second, before sighing. "Not on your life buddy," I replied, then turned my eyes away from him before he could coerce me into telling him that he had just scrolled past one of my thirst tweets. Never would I ever let him know about that page. "I know it was something on my phone because of that cute little noise you made. Do one of these pages belong to you...or one of your friends?" I kept my head turned but shook. "Nope. I don't have a fan page." Denise snorted again, covering her mouth. I wanted to murder her. "Is that right?" Sam had started laughing from the front seat, and glancing back to witness my embarrassment. This entire trip so far had been me, blushing non stop and making a fool out of myself. "Hey," Colby's fingers pressed down on my arm and my eyes jumped to his, before I could stop them. Damn it. Now I was stuck in that gaze. "It's okay if you do. It shows support for us and we love that. We love you guys for that. So do you have one?" My head nodded, without my consent. What the hell was happening to me? He was a fucking wizard. That big smile broke out across his face, lifting the apples of his cheeks, and showing me all of those pearly white teeth. I was a goner. "So what's your handle? Your at? Maybe I'll follow you." I could tell he was joking by the mischievous little glint in his eyes, but I panicked. "Oh hell no, nope," I said, forcibly shaking my head again. "Ohhh, so it's that kind of account?" I raised my eyebrow at him. "What kind of account?" He gave a short laugh, and held up his phone. "This kind." I glanced at the tweet that he was showing us, and felt my face heat up again. It was a picture of his hands, with a very detailed description of what the user wanted him to do with said hands.  "No, definitely not!" I exclaimed, looking back to Denise for help. She was honestly just sitting there laughing her ass off, with Sam joining from the front. Assholes. "You can check Necee's though, maybe facetime Corey and let him check it out. She's got a thing for him." "Oh you bitch! Okay, her at is-" "Necee, don't you fucking dare! I didn't give him the damn at!" She gave me a look that said "fuck with me if you want too," and I just rolled my eyes. We would both be highly embarrassed if either one of us said anything. Sam and Colby both were laughing at us by the time we pulled up to the hotel. Colby got out and held his hand out to help me, while Sam opened the door for Denise. They were so damn sweet. The others were right behind us, climbing out of their Uber. I watched Jake help Tara out of the car, then swing her up in his arms. She laughed, and held onto his neck, giving him a smile that was full of love. I felt that familiar twist in my chest, that told me I missed being in a relationship, so I turned back around. Colby was standing a few feet away watching me, studying me like he was trying to understand me. It made me feel a little uncomfortable because I don't open up to people usually. We didn't speak but he walked beside me to catch up with Sam, Denise, and Kenzie. The rest were trailing behind us. "I can't believe we didn't see any fans out there tonight. That's gotta be a first," Sam said shaking his head a little. "I don't think we posted anything about being there. No stories or anything so there weren't any clues for them," Colby replied, laughing a little. "I didn't even get on my phone until we were in the Uber." He looked a little surprised when he said that. We were in the hotel now, getting onto the elevator to take us to our floor. I looked around the small enclosed box at this group of people and again, marveled as to how this had happened. Sam was standing next to Colby, as usual. I was beginning to notice that even when they were separated, they eventually gravitated back to each other. I loved that because I honestly believed that their friendship is what legends are made of. Colby was next to me, Denise on my other side, then Kenzie, Brennen, Sarah, Tara, and Jake. We circled around the entire elevator. It was late so there wasn't anyone else on with us. Brennen started singing along with the song that was being played, an old love song that I didn't recognize, then pulled his phone out and started recording. "Everybody say hi to the Taylor Fam!!" He moved his phone around, recording all of us. I noticed that Colby took a couple of steps away from me when Brennen started recording. "We met up with some fans who are staying at the same hotel we are. Lucky huh?" He started singing along with the music again, then cut the story. We finally reached our floor, and everyone stepped off, and started walking towards our rooms. Jake, Tara, and Brennen were first. They said goodnight, and walked inside. Then Sam and Colby. "Thanks for a fun evening. It was great," Sam said, yawning and covering his mouth. "I should get to bed. Night, you guys. See you tomorrow or something." We said goodnight and each gave him a hug before He walked inside, leaving the door cracked for Colby. "Yeah, I have to get something out of Sarah and Kenzie's room that I left in there earlier, so I'll see you in the room. See ya Colby. It was fun!" Denise leaned in to hug Colby, as did the other girls, before they too went inside the rooms. Leaving Colby and I alone. Was this a set up?