86

I swallowed hard, feeling a ball of some emotion, I wasn't sure which one, form in my chest. I pressed my finger to the green phone and slid it over, accepting the call, thanking God that it wasn't a Facetime. "Hello?" I croaked into the phone, then cleared my throat. "Terra? Is that you?" Warmth flooded my body as I heard his voice come through the speaker. It was like it caressed every inch of my soul. "Y-yeah, it's me," I answered. He didn't sound completely like himself. "Heeeey baby girl! I told you I would call. What are you doing right now?" His words were slurring just a bit, and I could tell he had been drinking. I heard music pumping through from his end, and other voices, guys and girls alike. "I was sleeping Colby. It's after 3 am for me." "Shit," I heard him say, then a girl giggled, before it sounded like he muffled the phone. Why would he do that? It wasn't like we had promised each other anything. He didn't have to hide things from me like I was his damn girlfriend. "I'm on the phone," I heard his muffled voice hiss. Then it sounded like he was moving. When he uncovered the phone, it was much quieter. "Hey, you still there?" "Yea, I'm here," I sighed, annoyed at myself. Anyone else and I would be asking what was going on, but with him, I felt like I didn't have a right. "I'm sorry I called so late. I forgot about the time difference, and I didn't think you would be asleep. Thought if you were, you would turn your phone down at least," he chuckled. I felt my face flush, because I did usually turn my phone down. Only, I was hoping he would call, and I didn't want to miss the call. "I fell asleep watching TV with the girls. Just forgot too," I replied, twirling the end of my hair around my finger nervously. "Lucky for me," he said, his voice going all deep and rough, sending chills down my spine. "Yeah," I giggled a little. "So, what's up? What are you doing?" I asked. "Shut the fuck up!" He yelled after someone started screaming. "Jesus Christ, hold on." I heard moving again, and waited patiently. "I'm at a house party and these people are fucking nuts. I haven't looked at my phone cuz I've been so busy since we landed. I pulled it out a few minutes ago and saw your text so I thought I would call. I'm sorry it's so late. You forgive me?" He wasn't playing fair at all. He knew the fucking power he had over me. I sighed into the phone. "You already said that Colby. Yes, I forgive you. Just don't do it again." I rolled my eyes at myself, because I knew, if he did do it again, I would be jumping on the call just like I did this one. He laughed, his deep chuckle reverberating through my mind. "Okay, deal." I heard a girl giggle close by him, and a surge of jealousy erupted over me. I hated that feeling. I cleared my throat, and tried to fight it down. "Are you having fun? At the party, I mean," I asked. "Yeah, it's okay. I think it's a birthday party for someone but, to be honest, I'm not sure. I don't even know them. A friend invited me out, and some other people that I know were going so I figured, why not? Thought it would help get my mind off of things," he replied, his words still slurring a little, then his voice going kind of dark at the end. "Are you okay?" I asked quietly, knowing that he could get in his moods sometimes. It wasn't a good idea to drink when he was in those moods, in my opinion, but he was a grown man. "yeah, yeah, I'm good. Just a little drunk now," he replied, giving me a fake laugh. I shook my head, but didn't push it. "I miss you though. Kind of wish we were back in Florida right now. Do you know the things that I would do to you Terra?" He groaned, which had me biting my lip to keep my own groan in, and clenching my legs together. "Stop it Colby. Everyone is asleep," I whispered. "Plus, we're not in Florida. We're thousands of miles apart. So, no point in dreaming." Now, he had me feeling some kind of way, while I was sitting in my dark living room, surrounded by my sleeping friends. He, on the other hand, was also feeling some type of way, and was surrounded by LA chicks who literally put on a full face of makeup and skimpy clothes just to walk outside. Guess I knew what he would be doing soon. My heart sank, when I realized that I was probably right. "You're right but I still miss you. We could try telling each other what we're doing, or what we wish the other person was doing to us," he replied huskily. My eyes shot open wide. "Colby Brock, are you trying to have phone sex with me right now?" I asked in shock. "T, shut THE FUCK up! Go somewhere else to talk all that shit. Don't you have a bedroom or something?" Sarah groaned, and threw one of the throw pillows at me. I caught it and held back my laughter. "Sorry," I whispered. "Tell the girls I said hi!" Colby exclaimed, excitedly. "Maybe in the morning," I whispered again, stepping past all of the body parts on my floor, so that I could make it to my bedroom. "Colby, it's time to go. We have another party to hit, and we have to swing by Matt's." A girl's voice sounded from the background on his end. "I'm coming," he muttered. "Guess we'll have to hold the phone sex for next time," he joked. I laughed a little, not feeling it at all. "Yeah, guess so." We were both quiet for a few seconds before he started speaking again. I could tell that something was up, but I had no clue what it was. "Well...I guess I'll try to get in touch with you tomorrow. Let you sleep for now," he replied. "Okay," I practically whimpered into the phone.