Troy - 2 months

Your POV:
It's been 2 months already. Time needs to slow down a little. 2 months ago today I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, Brett. Troy was over the moon when he found out it was a boy, so was I.

*flashback*

My hospital bed was wheeled into theatre. "Your husband will be with you shortly. We just need to prep you ready for surgery." The doctor told me. I nodded my head and looked at my bump for the final time. I was having a c-section. The doors soon opened and in walked Troy with a few nurses following behind. "I'm here." He whispered as he kissed the top of my head. I reached my hand out and held his hand throughout the whole procedure.

Our lives are going to change soon. "There's going to be a little bit of tugging y/n and your baby will be here within the next few minutes." The doctor said. And they were right... before we knew it the room was filled with screams of our new born son. "Welcome to the world mr." The nurses said as they walked over to us. Troy was sat next to me on a chair. I reached my hand up and stroked our sons cheek. "Have you got a name for him yet?" They asked with a smile. "Brett Koa Quinlan." I smiled up at Tory. He smiled and agreed.

They quickly did the checks on the baby before doing anything else. I was soon wheeled back to the room while Troy went with the baby. I was waiting about 5 minutes before they arrived. "He's absolutely beautiful y/n." Troy told me as he picked Brett up from the cot. I smiled taking him into my arms. "He's perfect." I smiled looking down at him. Our perfect little family.

*end of flashback*

He's our everything and I can't wait to grow with him.

- - - -

Troy came home late from work once again. He was meant to finish about an hour ago, maybe he ran overtime or something but I don't want to jump to other conclusions. The front door opened and in walked Troy with a smile on his face. I smiled back. "Hey." He said softly walking over kissing the top of my head and kissing his sons head after. Troy walked back in the same direction he came in and sorted out some bits. There was a lot on my mind that needed to be talked about.

We needed to speak. "Troy we need to talk." I said as he looked over at me from the other side of the room. I didn't know how to tell him so I'm just going to say it in the nicest way possible. "It's like we don't exist. You hardly say 'I love you' to me anymore. I'm hurting Troy. I want to be loved by you. I thought you did love me. Brett needs his father. You're a father now Troy! You need to step up a little. You have a responsibility and I can't do this all alone." I explained making Troy sigh. I could tell he didn't like what I said. "I'm trying y/n. It's hard." He told me as I laughed a little. "Hard? You hardly do much to help. I'm always the one looking after our son. He doesn't need this. We don't need this. We're supposed to be a family." I told him trying not to tear up.

Troy walked over to me wrapping his arms around me. "I'm sorry y/n. I love you, I really do." He mumbled against my head. The tears began to fall out of my eyes. "I love you Troy. I just need that extra help babe." I explained. He nodded his head. "I'll change. I'll change for the both of you. You're right, I do need to step up. I'm a terrible father to Brett." Troy told me. I looked up at him. He looked like he wanted to cry. "Troy. Never say that again. You're the best father out there. Yes you may have had not such a good start but I know deep down you'll be amazing at this." I told him making him smile a little as he let some tears slip.

- - - -

A few months have passed and Troy has stepped up massively. It's the little things that matter. It was a new day and the two of us were sat on the sofa. Troy had Brett in his arms. "You're an amazing husband and father." I smiled as I rested my head against Troy's shoulder. "You're an amazing wife and mother to my child." Troy said keeping his eyes on Brett. I love our family.

A/n: this was just a little something (:

Comment some names for future imagines!

Also who's excited for the new season of Bondi Rescue because I sure am!