Harrison - its been long

Your POV:
I took a deep breath as I stood in front of the blue door to the tower. Thoughts and flashbacks flooded my mind stopping me in my tracks. "You ok?" Harrison asked. I nodded my head. "I need to take a minute." I replied and Harrison nodded. "I'll wait here with you." He said placing his hand on my lower back for comfort. This was my first day back, well proper first day back working. I've been in to see the others but that was only for a while. I closed my eyes for a few seconds.

*flashback*

It was a normal day down here at bondi, busy and warm. I spotted someone that was stuck in the rip and needed saving. I paddled out on my board towards the person that was stuck. We both managed to stay on the board safely until a wave came out of nowhere and came crashing down on us. The board with the person on went one way and I went crashing down the other way, I think I hit the rocks. That's when a wave of pain flooded my body. I couldn't feel anything below my neck. This can't be the end of my career, not right now.

Whippet's POV:
I was watching y/n's rescue but I couldn't see her shortly after rescuing the person. The person she rescued made their way to the shore but there was no sign of her. They came running up to the tower and a load of knocks followed. "Hello? Excuse me?" They asked politely. "Hello." I responded making my way down to them. "The lifeguard that rescued me went in another direction as me, I'm not sure if she drowned or not. I don't know where she is." They explained. "Thank you for telling me." I said to the person before they left.

My mind was racing and I was figuring out what to do. "Someone tell Harrison but don't send him into the water. Jackson, Luke, Deano let's head down and go find y/n. We'll give the signal if we need anymore help." I told the guys in the tower before heading out and down to the rhinos to go rescue y/n!

Harrison's POV:
I was sat in the rhino down north end with Lachie as it was busy down this end when Beardy turned up with Jules. We all smiled at one another. They both had a look on their faces like something bad just happened. "Harrison don't panic, well try not to panic too much but y/n is hurt." Beardy explained. I was confused. My heart began to race. "How?" I asked. "She was out on a rescue and got caught in a wave. We don't know the extent of her injuries just yet but, Reidy, Whippet, Luke and Jackson have gone down to help locate her. Emergency services are on their way but I can take you down there right now and Beardy will take your place." Jules explained. The two of use headed down to where y/n was supposed to be.

Your POV:
I was laying on the rock with the water crashing over me as I couldn't move so what else is there for me to do. My vision wasn't the best either, I must've hit my head or something. I closed my eyes for a second but for some reason they don't seem to want to open again. All I could here were voices coming closer and closer to me. "Y/n can you hear me?" I heard Whippet say, I mean yeah but I couldn't respond. "This isn't looking good." I heard another voice say but I couldn't tell who it was.

Minutes went by and my eyes slowly opened again. "Y/n?!" Jackson said making my eyes go wide. "Tell us what hurts." Whippet said. "I can't feel below my neck." I whispered loud enough for the two of them to hear. They looked at one another, I know that look as I've given that look before to one of the lifeguards but now it's happening to me. "Reidy! Luke! We need a spinal board ASAP as we have a potential spinal injury." Whippet shouted at them. He placed his hands either side of my head to make sure I don't move, not that I plan too or can't but for safety.

Jackson and Whippet stayed with me until the others turned up. "Ok y/n we're going to gently place you on this spinal board." They told me. Minutes when by and I was soon on the board. "There's blood, a lot of blood she must've hit her head." Jackson said. "She must've sustained a head injury during the accident.We're getting you back to shore now y/n." Whippet explained and we started moving again.

As we approached the shore, I managed to get my eyes to open as I closed them for a bit as I felt weird. All I could see was the sky, obviously. "Y/n, baby, I'm here, you're going to be ok." Harrison said as he looked me in the eyes, it was for only a second before the paramedics took over and before I knew it, darkness took over again. I could tell in his voice that he was worried. I just wanted to tell him and the others of course, that I'm ok but I couldn't move.

- time skip -

My eyes slowly opened and there stood Harrison by my bed. "You're awake." He smiled kissing my forehead lightly. My neck was in a brace for obvious reasons but it was uncomfortable. "My tests? How are they? I know the answer to one of them but not the others." I asked. "You've fractured a bone in your arm so that's why it's in a cast. The doctor also explained to me that you'll have this neck brace on for a few days but apart from that everything seems to be ok. Your tests are fine and by the looks of things you have full movement in your arms and legs." Harrison explained. "So I had a rough one." I said making him chuckle. "Unfortunately yes but you're going to be ok y/n." Harrison said making me smile a little. "Get some rest you've had a long day, I'll be right by your side when you wake up." He told me. I closed my eyes once again.

- - - -

It's been 3 months since my accident and I haven't left the house once, well to the hospital and that's it. Harrison has been helping me with my recovery when he can and obviously working when he can too. I haven't been at work for months, I miss it.

*end of flashback*

I snapped out of my thoughts and placed my hand on the handle opening the door before walking in, Harrison following behind. "Y/n!" Mouse exclaimed with a smile as he made his way over to me. We shared a hug, a much needed one. "So glad to have you back, guys look who's here!" He said as we walked over to the others in the tower. I came out from around the corner and smiled at them all who were in the tower. "Harrison has been updating us but we're glad you're ok now." Jules said as she gave me a hug. "I've missed being at work." I smiled making them chuckle a little.

Whippet and Jackson walked into the tower. I've been trying to see them after my injury but when I come in they're never here. I've seen Reidy and Luke so I've thanked them. "Thank you both for saving me out there." I said to them as they both gave me hugs. "We're glad you're ok and have recovered well. Glad to have you back." Jackson smiled.

Hours went by and I did a few rescues. It's been good. I was in the tower for the last part of my shift when Hoppo walked in. We both smiled. "Good to have you back y/n." Hoppo smiled. I looked over at him. "It's good to be back." I replied with a smile. It's good to finally be back.

A/n: I haven't updated in ages, just been super busy with bits and bobs but I hope everyone is doing well! This isn't the best but I hope to slowly get back into writing when I can (: