Chase - jealous

Your POV:
My best friend Chase has been acting so odd lately and I'm not sure why. Well there could be one reason, I have been seeing/meeting some guys recently which I can tell Chase doesn't really like and won't get on with, maybe that's why. I know him well enough to know something is up. We've been friends pretty much our whole entire lives.

I woke up at around 8ish. The sun was shining which must mean it was going to be a good day. I didn't have much planned today, it was my day off work so maybe a visit to the beach would be nice. My plan was to go to the beach around 1pm so I can spend the morning doing some work from home and also clean my apartment. I got out of bed and did the things I had planned for the morning. I didn't bother getting showered and changed for a little while especially if I did some cleaning beforehand. After doing what I needed to do I headed to my bathroom to get ready. Nothing beats a nice warm shower to start the day off with but then again I'll be having another when I get back because no doubt I'll be cover in sand and will probably take a dip in the water.

After getting myself looking nice and ready for the beach. I grabbed my bag and keys, locking my door and walking down towards Bondi as it was just around the corner from where I'm situated.

- - - -

We were sat on the beach at Bondi looking out at the sea. 'We' as in Chase and I. Chase was on his lunch break and he knew I was coming down to the beach at that time so he decided to come over to "talk". He took a seat on the sand next to me and gave me a small smile. "How's work going?" I asked. "Yeah it's going well I guess." He replied playing with the sand. I didn't know what else to say so I thought I would tell him what was going on this morning/early afternoon when I was walking down towards Bondi. "Yeah so James called me earlier just wanted to see if I was free." I told him. "To be honest I didn't want to go." I added. I looked over at Chase! I could tell he was jealous by the way he was acting. "Why do you get so jealous?" I asked looking at him. Chase shrugged his shoulders. "It must be something Chase. I've noticed you've been acting differently around me over the past few weeks. It's like I've done something but I'm not sure what I've done" I said playing with some sand.

There was silence between us. "I can almost promise you, its not that I think your being unfaithful its just like what if he makes you laugh more or smile more than I do? What if he hangs out with you more than I do? What if he can remember everything about you, when I tend to forget things? Maybe he is even skinnier or likes to go to the gym with you like we used to? Maybe he likes the same places as you and I don't? There's just so many things I can think about." He explained. I honestly did not know that he was feeling that way. "Chase, I promise you, not one of them guys will ever beat you." I told him. He turned his head. "Really?" He questioned. "I wouldn't have of said it if it wasn't true." I smiled.

I could tell Chase felt more comfortable that all what was stuck inside was out. I'm glad he said that because it could've gone elsewhere. "Come over tonight for a movie night or something, it would be nice to spend time with you." He suggested. I smiled. "I'll gladly accept that invitation." I replied with a smile. "I'll see you at 8." He smiled giving me a wink after. Oh Chase. He headed back to work and I picked up my things heading back to mine.