Hoppo - always here

Your POV:
I was on duty today and it was busy. I had this feeling that something bad was going to happen. "Come on y/n let's go." Jethro said taking my hand and leading me out of the tower. We got in a rhino and headed down south. Just as we got there some people came up to us. "I think there's someone unconscious in the water over there." One said. Jethro gave me a look. I nodded my head.

I grabbed my board and paddled out as quick aa I could to the patient. As I approached them they weren't responsive. I managed to get them on my board. My fist when up in the air as I did the 3 pumps. The chest compressions began immediately. Mouse and Jethro soon turned up helping me with the patient. As we got back to shore Harries and Deano helped us too.

I carried on the chest compressions. "Take a break. I'll take over." Harries said as he took over. I sighed. Please be ok? Please be ok? My heart sunk but I had to keep praying that they were going to be ok. We took it in turns with the chest compressions. The ambo soon turned up taking over from us for a bit.

Time was ticking but nothing seemed to be happening. "Is he going to be ok?" I whispered to Harries. Hoppo was right near us. "You gave him the best chance of survival when you got to him but sometimes things don't work out the way they should." Hoppo said making me sigh. "He has no pulse. I think we're going to have to call it." The paramedic said. My heart dropped. "Oh god." I mumbled placing my hand over my mouth.

After the paramedics left I made my way up to the tower were some of the others were. Hoppo stood in there waiting. The colour in my face drained. "Every rescue is a risk because who know what could happen. I know this was tough on the ones who tried to save the gentleman's life but also everyone else. You all did great out there with the rescue so don't blame yourself for it. So I'll be in my office if you need to speak to me." Hoppo told us.

- - - -

After what happened yesterday the thoughts in my mind just weren't on the good/positive side. It was my day off but I thought I would go down to the office and speak to Hoppo.

I walked into Hoppo's office and he smile when he saw me. "Hey y/n. What can I do for you today?" He asked placing his pen down. I sighed. "Umm I came here to talk about what happened yesterday. It's hard not to cry but I'm just bottling it up for now." I explained wiping my tears.

Hoppo gave me a small smile before speaking up again. "You know I'm always here for you, right?" He said. I nodded my head. "Don't bottle your emotions up. You did the right thing by coming to see me. Please talk to me about it. If you ever feel the need to step out and speak to me then do so." He said handing me another tissue.

I took a deep breath in. "I wish I could've saved him sooner then maybe he wouldn't be dead. I feel so bad for letting this happen." I sobbed. "Y/n you did the best you could out there. Don't blame yourself for it. That's all we ask for and you did that. You're an amazing lifeguard ok and you'll do great." Hoppo said with a smile. He's so easy to talk to. I love talking to him. "Thanks Hoppo." I smiled before leaving his office.

A/n: back at uni now but thanks for 3.3k!

Bondi Rescue Imagines - BOOK 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें