Mouse - broken

Your POV:
My husband had left for work early this morning so it was just me and our wonderful 8 year old son. We got married and soon after we had Kaspar. Little did I know I was pregnant on my wedding day. He's our world and our everything.

It was around midday and we just finished having lunch. I was in the kitchen cleaning up our mess when I thought of an idea. "Kaspar?" I called through the house. "Yes mum." He shouted back. "Do you want to go down to the beach and see dad?" I asked. I heard footsteps coming towards me. "Yes please." He said with a smile. "Ok, if you go get yourself ready we can head out soon." I smiled as he smiled back heading off to his room.

We headed down to the beach which was about a 5-10 minute walk from our house. It was busy but not too packed on the beach so there were plenty of spaces to sit and relax which was nice for once as it's normally packed. "Y/n!" I heard my name being shouted. I looked over in the direction of the noise and saw whippet and his wife. I smiled. "Look Kaspar." I said pointing over to them. He smiled and ran over. I walked behind placing my things down next to theirs before setting myself up for the day. Whippet and his wife were here on the beach on their day off too so we all sat together. Our kids went off to play together which is lovely to witness.

- - - -

Screams were heard. I was looking out to see if I could spot Kaspar but I couldn't see him. My heart began to race and that's when I noticed Harries running towards me. "I don't want you to panic but Kaspar had an accident and we think he's broken his leg." He told me. Of course it's my duty to panic as I'm his mum and that's what mums do best.

The boys placed Kaspar onto one of their boards while carrying him from the rocks back to the sand. I had to take a few deep breaths. They loaded him into the back of the rhino and slowly got him up to the tower, carrying him up the stairs.

*bondi central to mouse... we need you up at the tower immediately*

The tower door flew open minutes later. "Where is he?" I heard mouse say. "He's here babe." I said showing my face. Mouse rushed over and came to the rescue. "It's all going to be ok baby." He told Kaspar who was laying down on the bed. "Can we speak outside please?" Mouse asked quietly to me. I nodded my head. "Kaspar. Mummy and daddy are just popping outside for a little bit but if you need us ask uncle whippet to come and get us." I smiled at him kissing his cheek softly before leaving with mouse.

Mouse and I headed outside while Whippet and Harries entertained him for a bit while we spoke. We walked down the pavilion. "You let him out of your sight?!" Mouse exclaimed when we stopped. "Babe come on he was with Whippets children they were playing nicely, he was in good hands." I explained. "But this wouldn't have of happened if you weren't looking over him." He said. "Look, he's an 8 year old boy who wanted to play with his friends. Of course I was going to let him be and have his fun, he doesn't need to constantly be babied. I know he's our only child and you want to protect him at all costs but he needs to go out a live his life a little." I cried making it quite mouse a bit. He sighed. "No you're right. I'm sorry for coming at you like that." He said pulling me in for a hug. I smiled gently.

There was one thing on my mind. "There is one thing I do need to say." I said making mouse smile a little. "Ok?" He replied. "I'm pregnant." I smiled making mouse smile too. "This is great." He replied kissing me slowly before we headed back into the tower.

A/n: on another positive note... we're about 90k away from hitting 1 million on my first even bondi book, that's pretty impressive I must say!