Chappo - fallen

⚠️ - mentions of blood

Your POV: 
The sun was out and it was a warm one. The surf was also pretty good so I was really debating to go out in it for a while. My other half, Chappo, was working down on the beach that day, as he's a lifeguard, so if anything did happen then he would probably be on of the first to know about it.

- - - -

It was around midday and the beach was packed. It was very busy for a day like today. I took my board with me to the beach instead of hiring one for the day which I used to do. My board was by my side as I walked into the water. I slowly paddled out and away from the people to catch some waves.

The wave was too strong for me to control myself and my board so I came crashing down hitting the rocks below my body. The pain shot through my body like the speed of light, making me scream out. The sand wasn't far from me so I managed to get myself onto dry land.

My lower body and some of my stomach was covered in blood. I got to the sand laying down probably still in the water. I couldn't care right now. Another wave of pain hit me like a pile of bricks. I screamed out again catching peoples attention. Some people came over. "Are you ok?" One asked. "I don't know what happened." I said really confused on what happened. They looked me up and down comforting me trying to make me feel at ease and calm. My head began to spin and I began to feel really weird. "I'm- I'm going to pass out." I said before I closed my eyes.

Chappo's POV:
I was sat in the rhino next to Jackson when we heard some screaming. We both looked up seeing a group of people trying to get our attention. We sped over in the rhino to see what the commotion was about.

As we got closer we could see that CPR was in progress. Shit. "We need the defib!" I shouted at one of the other lifeguards who were heading towards the tower. They nodded and sped off as fast as they could to the tower.

Jackson and I ran towards the group of people. My heart sunk when I noticed who it was. Y/n. It was y/n. My mind began to think the worse case scenario.

Harrison and Singlets were shortly behind me as they took the rhino. We got there and began resuscitation on her. "We saw her on the rocks and she looked distressed then she hobbled onto the beach and then that's when she collapsed." One of the girls said. I took over cpr as Harrison got some bits ready for us. "It's y/n." I said. "Who's y/n?" They questioned. "I know her that's all." I said as I carried on with the cpr. Come on y/n. More back up arrived. Dylan, Chase, Reidy and Harries arrived helping us out. Singlets went and looked down at her leg with help from Chase. "Guys we've got a shark attack here." He said trying to stop the bleeding. "I'll radio up." Harries said grabbing his radio.

*harries to central we have a shark attack to the girl which is collapsed on the sand in front of us*

*i'll send Jake out on the jet ski to see if it's still around and the ambo is about 10 minutes away*

Harrison took over cpr for me while I did other things to get her to respond to us. "How do you know y/n?" Singlets asked. "We met in a coffee shop a few years ago and have been good friends since." I said rubbing my hands over my face. We all pulled back so the defib could do its bit. Pulse. "We have a faint pulse but she's breathing." I said to them all and we sighed in relief but this still means we could loose her again.

Your POV:
I could see the light but I wasn't close yet. It was getting brighter and brighter until my eyes slowly opened. "Y/n?" Someone said. My eyes darted all over the place. "She's awake. Her pulse is strong." One said. What's going on?? "What's your name?" A blonde haired guy said. "Y/n." I barely spoke. "Y/n, I'm Jethro one of the lifeguards you're in safe hands now. The ambo has arrived and they're here to look after you. You're going to be ok." The same guy said. I tried to smile but I wasn't sure if it worked.

Two ambo crew came down on the beach with loads of their kit. "What's happened?" One of the people in blue said. "We've had to resuscitate her so she was unresponsive for around 10 minutes. She's been attacked by a shark and has a bite mark about 10-15 cm long. She also has scrapes and cuts all over her body due to being thrown against the rocks." Jethro said. Oh god that happened to me?! "Hey y/n, we're the paramedics. You're in safe hands now." They said making me feel at ease. Jethro walked with me holding my hand in comfort which I thought was really nice of him to do so. Our hands soon let go and the last person I saw was him before I was placed on the bed and into the ambulance where I was taken to hospital to be treated.

*about a month or so later*

Jethro came to visit me at the hospital the day of my accident. He visited me a few times while I was there as I stayed in for about 2 weeks. He's such a sweet caring guy. Sometimes he'd stay the night to keep me company. We really got to one another and it felt like we've know one another for years.

It was one day I was laying in the hospital bed reading my book when Jethro walked in with some flowers. We got talking. "Let me take you out sometime. Just the two of us." He said with a smile. "Like a date?" I asked raising my eyebrow. "You could say that." He said with a smirk. I smiled. About a week after the 'date' he asked me to be his girlfriend and I of course said yes to. We're both happy.

A/n: plot twist...

Also I've deleted a load of a/n's so I can fit in more imaginessss, go me!