Deano - falling

Your POV:
I walked into the tower with a smile. A fake one. I wasn't in the happiest of moods but I tried to put a smile on especially for him. We would flirt here and there but nothing serious. I thought we felt the same way but nope it was just me.

There was a few of the others in the tower ready for the day. "Morning y/n!" Luke smiled at me. I flashed one back. "Morning." I replied taking a seat down next to him. The tower door opened, Deano walked in and a smile plastered onto my face.

*flashback*

It was another day here down at bondi. It was a very warm day which meant a busy day ahead. I said morning to some of the others who were already on duty when I turned up. "You're looking very nice today y/n." Deano smiled as I walked in the tower. I blushed a little. "Thank you and you don't look bad yourself." I replied sorting some bits out.

*end of flashback*

Footsteps go louder and soon stopped which snapped me out of my thoughts. I turned my head seeing Jackson sit down next to me. "Hey y/n what's up?" Jackson asked. I sighed not wanting to speak about it. "Come on you can tell me, if you want too." He said. "I found myself falling for someone who I knew I couldn't be with." I said not wanting to tell him who it really was but no doubt I will soon. My head rested on my hand until I sat up. Jackson sat next to me and we faced one another. We shared a look with one another and I think he guessed who.

I sighed. "You know he's married right?" Jackson told me. I nodded my head. "Yes of course I do! But in my mind, I don't want to be with anyone else!?" I exclaimed. "But y/n he's married. You need to move on. I know that's not what you want to hear but if you're happy for him and want the best for him then you'll need to do it." Jackson explained. He does have a point. "You have a point... fine! Yes it was a silly little crush but didn't we all have those?!" I said. Jackson patted my back as he stood up. "Oh y/n." He smirked before walking away. It wasn't that bad, was it?

- - - -

A few months had passed and the conversation I had with Jackson stuck in my mind for quite some time. Jackson's right. I've now moved on but I only see Deano as a good friend. I'm so happy for him. It was my lunch break and Deano was sat with Harries on the steps by the tower. I walked over. "Hey Deano?" I smiled taking a seat next to him and Harries. Harries stood up. "I'll leave you two be." He said as he walked off. "Hey y/n, how can I help you?" He asked with a smile.

We got comfy and I began to talk. "This may come across odd or whatever but I want you to know from me before you find out from anyone else. Also this was way before you got married, well until I found out about you being married. Anyways, umm, so basically, I liked you more than a friend a few years ago but now I realised how happy you are which makes me happy. I see you as a friend now but I'm so happy for you Deano, I really am. I wish you the best and all that. I've moved on so hopefully there's no weird feelings between us." I explained not wanting to look at him as I was nervous for his reaction. "Aw y/n that's sweet of you. Yes, I'm now married but that doesn't stop us from being friends. You're a great friend you know." He told me. I smiled. "Thank you for understanding Deano." I replied. We shared a hug before heading back into the tower to finish our shifts.

A/n: not the longest but I had this idea in my head which I needed to get out (: