Lachie - program - pt2

Requested by @hazelsmith1994

Lachie's POV:
It was my day off from work and I was spending it with some of the lads. We planned to go surfing. I walked down the beach with my board in my arm and walking into the water. We all paddled out catching waves here and there.

A big wave came crashing down with such force I fell. Instantly I felt something go wrong. I didn't feel right. Something was wrong. Luckily, I somehow got my body on the board. Mouse paddled over. "Lachie don't move." He said as he tried to hold the board still. Some nearby surfers came over to help as well.

Your POV:
It was nearly the end of my shift when it just got busier again. I was signing off for the day when there was a lot of commotion going on around me. "We have an adult male who has fell of his surfboard in the surf with a suspected spinal injury. ETA (estimated time of arrival), 10 minutes." The doctor said to all of us.

The ambo crew came in with the adult male on. "This is Lachie McArthur." One of the paramedics said. My eyes shot open. That's my boyfriend. "That's my boyfriend." I exclaimed running over to the bay where he was. "Sorry y/n we can't let you in just yet. Let the doctors do their thing then we'll see if you can come in." One of them said nicely to me. I nodded my head and stayed outside waiting impatiently.

The curtain opened and I caught a glimpse of him. "Y/n, you can see him quickly before we send him for a ct." A doctor said letting me in. "Lachie I'm here." I said seeing him try reach for my hands. The doctors let me see him quickly. "You're going to be ok." I said stroking my hands across his face. I held my tears in as we looked at one another. "I'll be ok y/n." He mumbled. A doctor came in again with a bunch of others as they began to wheel him out. I walked out by him watching him get pushed through the doors and further away from me. My emotions were everywhere and it was horrible. I paced around the bay as millions of thoughts went through my mind. My co-worker, Thea walked over to me. "Oh y/n, he's going to be. Lachie is in safe hands." My co-worker said as they hugged me.

After what felt like hours Lachie finally arrived back. I sighed in relief as they wheeled him back in the room. "We'll be right back." They said and I nodded. I stood up off of my seat and walked over to Lachie. "I love you." I said. He smiled up at me. "What if it's broke?" He questioned. "If it is then we can get through this. I'm sure Hoppo wouldn't mind you being off for a while. You're the strongest person out there Lachie. Let's think positive." I smiled softly making him copy my smile. I pressed a soft kiss to his lips.

The curtains opened and in walked the doctor. "Y/n? Good to see you and nice to meet you Lachie." They said. We smiled. "Ok so Lachie fortunately it's nothing major but it looks like you have a very small and when I mean small, like about an inch c3 fracture in your neck. We're going to keep the neck collar on you till tomorrow and then assess you again then, any questions?" They asked. "So I'm staying the night?" Lachie asked. "Unfortunately yes. Just for monitoring." They said. We talked a little more. "Ok you'll be moved to a room for the night soon." The doctor said before leaving us.

I stood up again and took Lachie's hand in mine. "I'll head home and get us an overnight bag ok." I whispered. Lachie and I made eye contact not speaking for a bit. "I love you." I said trying not to cry. "I love you too." He mumbled as I saw the tears escape his eyes. I wiped them with my thumb. "It's ok baby. We've got this." I said pressing my lips to his. We spoke for a while until I was ready to head home. I drove home and entered quickly. I rushed around packing an overnight bag for us both. Finally I got back in the car with everything and headed back to the hospital. 10 minutes later I arrived and headed inside. "Lachie's in room 684." Thea said with a small smile. "Thank you." I said giving her a quick hug and heading off to find his room.

I approached room 684 and opened the door. There laid Lachie with just a neck collar on. I smiled as his eyes came in contact with mine. "Lachie I'm staying with you tonight. I don't have work tomorrow." I told him sitting on the chair next to the bed. "Thank you love." He said squeezing my hand. We stayed together soon falling asleep wishing we were in our own bed.

The morning came around and the doctors came in just giving us the final go ahead to go home. They did some checks on him and then decided to take the neck collar off as his neck would heal by itself as it wasn't major. "Lachie you're going to be sore for a few days/weeks." They said. "Ok thanks doc." He said with a smile. They left and I got everything together before we left.

A/n: thank you for requesting and I hope you liked this!