Chappo - on the edge

*this idea may sound familiar when reading, it's from a previous imagine of mine but I've put a twist to it all*

Chappo's POV:
Everything was happening so fast that it was overwhelming but this was a serious situation. "Chappo! GRAB THE DEFIB!" Jethro shouted as he ran down the stairs from the tower. I grabbed the bag with the important machine in and ran down the stairs after Jethro.

The two of us got in the rhino and headed off with speed to the incident. As we approached, CPR was being done by Y/n. My heart was racing. I hope she survives. Even though I wasn't the one doing the CPR, I felt hopeless and I felt like I should be doing something to help.

Obviously the ambo was called and they were on their way but in the meantime we were trying to save this poor girls life. "Someone hold her head for us please." One of the guys said. Jackson held her head in place.

Your POV:
My head was going crazy. This was my first rescue which resulted in cpr. I've been a lifeguard for a while but a rescue never turned out to be this bad so it was a shock to me. "Y/n, I'll take over." Chappo said taking over his place. I stood back and let the others help the girl.  The ambo soon turned up taking over the scene. We managed to get the crowd to move away from what was going on but there was the odd spot of people still standing there.

You could tell by the look on the paramedics faces that it wasn't good news. Chappo walked over placing his hand on my lower back. We tried everything we could to save the girl but it didn't work. A few tears came to my eyes but I quickly blinked the tears away, not wanting anyone to see them. "Y/n?!" Jethro shouted. I turned around seeing him walking towards me. "You did all you could out there, don't blame yourself for it." He said before walking away towards the tower. I know I did all I could, I wish I could've done better...

- - - -

I decided to leave a little earlier from my shift so I could go home, shower and clear my head. Before I could leave Hoppo pulled me aside. "You did what you could today out there y/n, thank you, I know the outcome wasn't what we or anyone wanted but the family would be thankful that you tried to save her. I'll see you tomorrow but come by my office before you start." He said with a sympathetic smile. I nodded my head before heading to the locker room.

My back hit the wall and the tears fell down my cheeks. I cried for a good few minutes until no more tears could leave my eyes. I heard voices coming towards me so I quickly ran towards the sink, chucking cold water over my face and wiped it with a towel. The others walked in patting my shoulder as the past. I grabbed my bag saying a quick goodbye to them before making my way home.

Chappo's POV:
Y/n left work earlier than me. I headed home to see her sat on the sofa in one of my hoodies hugging one of the cushions from the sofa. Y/n would normally be chirpy and bubbly as that's who she is but that wasn't her right now. "Y/n." I said and she turned her head. I opened my arms for her and she got up off the sofa walking into them. I wrapped my arms around her tightly. "It's ok baby." I said as she rested her head on my chest. After a few minutes I felt a patch on my shirt becoming wet. "Let it out baby." I whispered as she cried.

Your POV:
The night came around quickly and I was laying in bed looking at the ceiling. I felt the bed dip next to me. "How you feeling now baby?" Chappo said. I sighed. "A bit better that I have you with me. It hurts that we couldn't save her today." I said trying not to cry again. "I know. It's always hard loosing someone and especially since we tried everything we could." He said softly. I rested my head on his chest and we slowly drifted off to sleep.

*start of dream*

We were all rushing down to the water after a reported drowning. I hopped on my board and paddled out to help but by the time I got there they were already bringing the older guy back to shore. I made my way back and over to where the others were. As I got closer I noticed something. Wait I know him?! That's Chappo! I ran over and fell to the floor beside him. Jethro was doing CPR on him but he laid there lifeless. I screamed but nothing came out. I tried again and again but nothing came out. All of the ones that were working on him stood up and stopped. "Hey! No, you can't leave Chappo! Save him!" I screamed but they didn't hear me. I felt someone shake me and my eyes began to open.

*end of dream*

Chappo's POV:
Y/n was turning in her sleep a lot and a few noises slipped from her mouth too. "Y/n? Wake up sweetie." I said touching her shoulder gently. She gasped and her breathing became fast. "You're ok. You're ok." I said holding her in my arms. "I thought you were gone." Y/n said with panic in her eyes. "I'm not going anywhere, baby." I said kissing her forehead feeling her immediately relax. "Good." She mumbled back. Y/n looked into my eyes. "I love you." She said kissing my lips slowly but passionately. "I love you too." I said back before we both fell asleep for the night.

A/n: ahh it's been too long! Hope everyone had a good Christmas (if you celebrate it) and happy new year from me to you! I want to start updating again but I'm focusing on other things if I'm honest aha anyways I'll update here and there! Hope you liked this and also if you have any ideas leave them in the comments as I don't really check my dm's!! ((: