Luke - alone

Your POV:
I love my job. It's great. My alarm went off. I sighed as I got out of bed. It was a 5am start for me today. I got myself ready for the day forgetting about what happened the night before then headed off to work.

*flashback*

After a long day at work I just wanted to relax and have sometime to myself. I finished in the shower then headed to my living room curing up on the sofa putting a show on while I ate my dinner. My phone went off. I smiled when I saw who it was from but the smile didn't last long.

Boyfriend 💙
It was nice seeing you last night we should do it again sometime (;

I was so confused. Cole and I weren't together last night. I sent one back.

(To) boyfriend 💙
Care to explain?!

My phone fell out of my hands. The guy I loved cheated on me last night. My blood boiled. I wanted to block him but I needed to hear what he had to say first so I changed his contact.

Cheater 🥰
Ask Liv, I'm pretty sure she'll tell you everything

I actually couldn't believe it. My best friend and boyfriend hooked up behind my back. I was fuming at this point.

Liv 🌸
Y/n I'm so sorry this wasn't meant to happen. I'm really sorry.

Was she though??

(To) Liv 🌸
What did I ever do to deserve that? You went behind my back and slept with my boyfriend. I'm so angry with you both right now. I hate you both for this! I can't forgive you for this. I'm sorry. Please don't speak to me again.

The tears fell down my cheeks as I wrote the message. How could they?!

*end of flashback*

I pushed the thoughts to the back of my mind. They're gone and forgotten. In my past. My work colleges are really nice and sweet. I get on well with them all but I don't speak to most of them.

Jackson walked in front of me as we walked into the tower. The first thing that happened was Lachie pulling me in for a hug. "I heard what happened and I'm sorry it happened to you." He said hugging me tightly. Lachie and I are great friends. He got me this job which I'm very happy about.

I looked up at him with tears in my eyes. "I guess it wasn't meant to be." I sighed. "I'm always here for you ok." He said hugging me again. I nodded my head and got on with the day.

- - - -

I sat on the wall as I watch the beach goers have their fun. I sighed to myself. Today just isn't my day. I felt a presence near me. I looked up seeing my co-worker Luke standing there next to me. We didn't really speak much but he seems like a nice guy to talk to. "I saw you sitting alone so I thought I would come sit with you." He told me sitting down next to me comfortably. "You didn't have to. I'm used to being alone." I mumbled. Luke didn't like to hear that. "Look y/n, I know we don't know one another that well but I'm worried about you. No one deserves to be alone." He told me.

We sat in silence. "Do you want to speak to me about it?" He asked. I assume he got told or just figured something was up. "Umm ok." I said softly. Luke gave me a reassuring look. I tried to keep it together but it was hard because the tears began to fall down my cheeks. "My boyfriend slept with my best friend last night." I mumbled. "What an idiot?!" Luke said in an angry tone.

I sighed. "I genuinely thought he loved me but I was so wrong in that department." I sighed fiddling with my fingers. I wiped my tears away. "He's not worth crying over. You're so much stronger than this y/n. He has ruined everything. He's lost a great person and that's his problem. You're a great person y/n. I would love to get to know you properly." Luke said making me smile a little.

I looked up at him. "You think?" I questioned. "Yes! Of course I do. How about we go out later? Just the two of us maybe unless some of the others want to join in." He smiled making me smile in return. "I would love that." I said making him hug me from the side. "Now let's get rid of those tears and forget about that stupid guy." Luke said making me laugh. He wiped away my tears with his thumbs. "There we are. I'll meet you in the tower while you go to the bathroom and take a minute ok." He said patting my back. I nodded my head walking off to the bathroom.

Luke is a nice guy. I wish we had spoken sooner. After I spent a few minutes in the bathroom I headed back to the tower to finish my shift. Luke and I spent the rest of it together.

- - - -

Work finished and Luke said he was going to pick me up at around 6:30pm ish. So I had a good hour to get myself ready. Luke picked me up and we headed to icebergs. "Some of the guys are here if that's ok." He said as we stuck by one another. "Sounds perfect." I replied as we walked inside. "There you two are!" Jackson exclaimed hugging us both. We all got talking before we ordered some food. This night was great. A night which was much needed.

Lachie soon joined us. He looked at me with a smile. "Let me take a photo of you both." He said as Luke handed over his phone. He took a few of us. Luke showed me and I smiled. "They're nice." I smiled. We all took photos during our time out together.

The night went on and before we knew it, it was around 9pm. They say time flys by when you're having fun. I guess we did have fun. Luke and I said bye to the others as we headed out for the night. "I'll see you tomorrow." Luke said kissing the side of my head before we parted our ways for the night. As I walked inside (my house), my phone went off. I unlocked it seeing that Luke tagged me in a photo of us.

A/n: a photo like this ⬇️

Instagram:

Liked by y/n and 1468 others

@lukefaddy: love you y/n 💙

jacksondoolan: the best!

lachiemcaurther: now this is what I would love to see more of 😍

589 others commented

I smiled. It was a nice photo of us. This was the beginning of something special!

-
-
-

A/n: love this one!!!