Whippet - blue bottles

Requested by @emz0912

Emily's POV:
My husband and I walked into the tower at 8:30am. The sun was shining and I was ready for the day. Today is definitely going to be a busy one for sure.

Ryan and I met on the job in early days aka when I started, about 2 years after him. We got talking and became close. Then we took a step further into our friendship and we started to date. We dated for around 5 years and on our 6th year anniversary, he popped the question and on our 7th year anniversary we got married. We've been married for 2 nearly 3 years now. I love him so much.

- - - -

It was around midday and we were down south end. It's blue bottle season so there's definitely going to be a load of people coming up to the tower. "There's a lot of blue bottles around." I said seeing some on the sand in front of us. "Be careful out there." Ryan said to me. I nodded my head and looked out. "I've never really have been stung by-." I began. "I see a hand." Ryan butted in making me jump out of the rhino.

I grabbed my board from the rack and ran into the water. I paddled out the the person who was going under. I grabbed their hand just in time helping them on the board. The blue bottles were everywhere. With luck from the waves we got pushed back to shore. "Thank you." The person said as we approached the sand. "If you got stung put warm water on it for about 30 minutes to an hour and then it will go away. If you have a bad reaction go to the hospital or call an ambo." I told them. They nodded their head thanking me again before walking off. I walked out of the water and over to Whippet. My whole body was in agony as I got stung all over. I know the pain will go away soon as I've seen many people suffer with the stings.

I hissed in pain as I walked. "Ouch." Ryan said looking at me up and down. "I know." I mumbled. "Let's get some warm water on that." Ryan said as he took my hand. We sat in the rhino as he drove us up to the tower. We made our way into the tower. Well I made my way slowly as it was sore to walk. The ones in the tower gave me a weird look when I hobbled in. "Emily got covered in blue bottles." Ryan told them. "How do you feel?" Jethro asked as I took a seat in the chair near him. "Itchy and in pain." I laughed. "Ok let us know if it gets worse." He said handing over some (small) towels to soak the stings with.

Ryan headed back out with Jethro and carried on in the rhino down south end.

As time went on my body began to shake. I began to feel cold and I was sweating intensely. My breathing was getting harder by the minute. It was hard to talk. Trent looked up noticing the state I was in. "Guys we need some oxygen for Emily and potentially an ambo." Singlets said as him/Mouse got some oxygen ready for me. They placed the mask over my face and the oxygen went to my lungs.

*bondi central to Whippet... please can you come up to the tower, it's urgent.*

Ryan soon came running into the tower. He was me and came right over. He placed his things down behind me taking my hands in his. "We've called an ambo for her." Mouse said. "Thank you." Ryan told them and looked me in the eyes. Soon the ambo turned up, doing their checks on me before helping me into the stretcher. "I'll meet you at the hospital Emily." Ryan said as he squeezed my hand. I nodded my head as I couldn't really speak due to the oxygen mask over my face.

- - - -

The curtain of the hospital bay that I was in opened. There stood a nurse and Ryan. He thanked them and walked in. "Hey love." He said placing a kiss on my forehead. I smiled weakly at him. "I'm here." He added making me feeling a little better. "They've given me some medicine to help calm this reaction down." I croaked. Ryan sat on the chair next to the bed and held my hand. "Don't try to talk. Get some rest Em. I'm sure a nurse will explain it to me later. Try sleep." He said softly kissing my hand. My eyes began to close as I soon fell asleep.

What only felt like a few minutes, my name was being said. "Emily?" I heard again. I opened my eyes seeing Ryan standing there with a doctor by him. They both smiled. "How long was I asleep for?" I asked running my eyes. "About an hour." Ryan said. I looked over at the doctor who looked like he was ready to talk. "Your oxygen levels are back up to normal and your lungs sound fine." He said as he took the oxygen mask off of me. Lovely. "We'll keep you in for another hour or so just to do a little more monitoring." He told us. "Thanks doc." Ryan said and the doctor left.

Ryan got on the bed cuddling up next to me. "Sorry about all this." I mumbled. "None of us knew you would react this way but now we know and now we know what to do in future." He said kissing my cheek making me smile. After spending most of the evening at the hospital we finally were able to go home. What a day.

A/n: hope you liked this and thank you for requesting!