Jethro - drawing - short

Your POV:
Jethro and I aren't married or engaged but we've been together for nearly 7 years. The two of us have a daughter together called Talia, she's literally a mini version of her dad. She has his beautiful blonde locks and blue eyes. She really is a mini him.

I haven't been well for a few days now, I've been sick mainly in the mornings but I'm putting it down as a tummy bug. Hopefully it's a tummy bug and nothing else. The two of us aren't planning on having baby number 2 anytime soon but sometimes things happen for a reason.

After I emptied my stomach contents into the toilet, I cleaned myself up and gave the bathroom a little tidy while I was there. Also I took a test just to be sure I wasn't pregnant so that was on the side doing it's thing while I cleaned around a bit. My phone timer went off indicating it was time to check for the result. I looked over at the test and it was positive. A smile crossed on my face and excitement filled my body.

I heard footsteps come closer towards the room and a small figure appeared in the doorway. "Mummy you ok?" Talia asked walking into the bathroom. It was to late for me to hide the test. I nodded my head. "Mummy's having a baby." I told her not realising what I said. "Don't tell daddy." I quickly added as she smiled. "Ok." She said with a smile before walking out of the room. Jethro was at work and soon was finishing. I planned to tell him tonight.

- - - -

Jethro's POV:
Today was a long day at work and I was finally heading home from my shift. Joel and I were up in the tower finishing up for the evening while having a good chat. "How's y/n feeling?" Joel asked while I packed up my stuff. "She's still not 100%. It's probably food poisoning or something like that." I told him. "Are you sure she's not pregnant?" Joel said making me stop in my tracks. "I don't think she is." I said as we both headed out of the tower. We both headed back towards my house, Joel doesn't live far from me.

I opened the front door and got greeted by my beautiful daughter. "Hey you." I said lifting up Talia onto my side. I walked into the kitchen seeing y/n filling up some cups with water. "Hey babe." I said kissing the side of her head. "How was work?" Y/n asked. "It was busy as it was warm out but we pulled through. How was your day with this cheeky monkey?" I said tickling Talia a little making her laugh. "She was a star but now my day got better because you're now home." She smiled making me laugh a little.

I placed Talia down and she ran off. "Umm y/n can I speak to you quickly." I asked while Talia was out of the room. "Of course, what's up?" She smiled but before I could say anything Talia walked back in. She walked over with some paper in her hand. "What's this sweetie?" I asked Talia as she handed me a drawing. "Well this is you, that is mummy, this is me and that there is baby brother." She said with a cheesy smile. My eyes widened a little making me turn my head to face y/n.

Your POV:
My eyes widened too. She didn't. Jethro turned to look at me with a smile. I gulped down. This wasn't how I planned to tel him. Oh no. We stayed in silence for a little while. "I promise you I was going to tell you tonight but as you know Talia beat me to it." I told him. "Are you pregnant?" He asked holding my hands, just double checking. I nodded my head. "I don't know the gender yet but by the looks of things Talia wants a baby brother." I smiled. Jethro hugged me tightly.