Jake N - lifeguard challenge

(Left: Jake, Right: Tommy)

Requested by @Lashton4

Your POV:
It's the lifeguard challenge today. Jake is taking part in it but unfortunately I'm not due to an injury that I sustained during a rescue. That's right I'm also a lifeguard and that's how Jake and I met. We're now happily married and have a 4 year old son called Romeo. The love of our lives.

Jake left for work early this morning unfortunately but we luckily get to see him before the race begins. I think that will help him. Romeo was all ready for the day. He was a mini Jake. 100%. He definitely had Jakes hair and facial features. "Mummy, is daddy racing today?" He asked. "He sure is. You excited?" I asked. Romeo nodded his head. "I made him a drawing." He said showing me the drawing he did. "Oh wow. Daddy will love that. Shall we put it on the fridge for later?" I suggested. "Yay." He said running into the kitchen waiting for me to put it on the fridge.

Finally finishing up in the house we were all ready to go. "Ready to go see daddy?" I asked Romeo. He smiled up at me. "Yes!" He said taking my hand as we left the house and made our way down to the beach. We got to the beach and there was the lifeguards all set and ready to go.

They were all their doing the final bits before the race started. "Look it's daddy." I said pointing over to Jake. "Let's go." Romeo said pulling me over towards Jake. Romeo was hugging Jake's legs. We spent sometime with him before he had to go. "Sorry buddy but I'm going to have to go. Stay with mummy." Jake told his son. "Good luck out there." I said as we hugged. Jake placed a quick kiss to my lips before saying his goodbyes. "We love you." I said as he walked off.

The race soon began and Romeo began to cheer him on loudly. I'm so proud. Time passed and it was nearing the finish. Jethro ran past shortly followed by Harrison and then Jake ran past. Jake came in 3rd. Not bad. We let them catch their breath and do what they needed to do before walking over. "Daddy!" Romeo shouted grabbing his attention.

Jake's POV:
My name was being shouted by a family person. "Daddy!" Romeo shouted making me turn around. I crouched to the floor as he ran into my arms. I picked him up hugging him tightly. "How did daddy do?" I asked. "Amazing!" He said with a smile making me smile. My beautiful wife y/n walked over. "You did amazing out there. We're so proud of you." She said. I placed a quick kiss on her lips. Romeo wanted to get down which he did. "Come on buddy let's go?" I said taking his hand and going off to play in the sand with him for a bit.

Your POV:
I sat back and watched the pair of them play. They chased one another around and had a good laugh. Father and son time. "Now that is cute." I heard from behind me. I turned seeing one of the other lifeguards wife standing there with a smile. We shared a hug. "Romeo is a mini Jake for sure isn't he?" She said. I smiled. "Honestly he looks like his twin." I said. "Definitely. How's it going?" She asked. I sighed. "It's great. Romeo is a great child and I love him so so much. Jake is a great husband. Life is great I think." I smiled looking at my husband play games with his son. "Well it sounds like you have the whole world right there. I've got to go but message me if you need anything." She said hugging me a final time before walking off.

After a long day, Romeo, Jake and I finally got home. "Daddy I have a present for you?" Romeo said taking Jakes hand and leading him to the fridge. I watched from behind. "Wow. That is amazing." Jake said as he was crouched down to his sons level. I smiled. Those two have my full heart. I love them so much.

A/n: I hope you liked this and thank you for requesting!