Whippet - wish

A/n: this is sad so have a tissue ready...

Ryan's POV:
It's been a year since we lost her. Y/n was the love of my life. We were happily married and had a great life with our 4 year old son, Reggie. She passed away after a long battle. A year ago today was the day she passed. I had to keep a smile on my face and stay strong for our son.

The sun shone through the curtains of the room. The birds were chirping making me smile. "It's been a year y/n without you my love. I'm trying my best to be ok. Everyday is so hard. It's been a struggle but we've managed to get through. Even though you're physically not here I can feel your presence with me 24/7. I love you baby." I said to myself. A few tears fell down my cheeks which I quickly wiped away. The bedroom door opened and in ran Reggie. "Daddy! Daddy!" He exclaimed. "Yes son." I smiled sitting up as he got on the bed. "Look the sun is shining." He smiled. He had her smile. He had her hair colour. "I love you." I told him as he sat near me. "I love you too and I love mummy." He mumbled. "She loves you too." I said kissing the top of his head.

*flashback*

It was y/n's final hours. That's what the doctor told us. Her stats weren't great. As much as I didn't want Reggie to see him mum ill, I wanted him to see her for a final time. We walked into her room where my parents were with her while I went to collect Reggie. "Be gentle ok. Mummy's weak." I told him as we walked over to her bed. I picked him up and placed him on the bed. "Mummy loves you ok baby. Never forget that ok." She told him as she held him the best she could. Tears began to fill my eyes. "It's ok mummy. You're going to be ok." He smiled. Tears fell down her cheeks. "Oh mummy don't cry. You'll see me tomorrow." Reggie said. I wiped my tears away.

Y/n looked over at me and I gave her a small nod. "You'll see me tomorrow." She whispered making him hug her again. They spent their final moments together before it was time. My mum and dad took Reggie out into the waiting room. They said their goodbyes. This wasn't a goodbye.

I walked over to her side. "Take care of him for me ok." She said. I nodded my head as I held her hands. "I love you." She said. "I love you so so much." I said as the tears fell down my cheeks. "Don't forget about me." She said making me smile a little. "Never y/n. You'll forever be in our hearts. I'll remind Reggie how much you love him everyday." I told her. She smiled weakly. I couldn't leave her. I didn't want her to leave. "He is so lucky to have you as his mother." I whispered making the tears fall.

I stayed with her until she took her final breath. My heart shattered but I knew she would want me to smile and keep it strong for Reggie.

*end of flashback*

Reggie was happily playing with his toys while I sat on the sofa sorting out some emails here and there. "Daddy, where did mummy go too?" Reggie asked. "Do you think we can visit her one day?" He asked. I looked over at him as he played with his toys. "Well Reggie, mummy was needed somewhere else. Somewhere better. Up in the clouds. But we'll be able to see her one day." I explained my son. It broke my heart. "That will be a great day because we get to see mummy again." He smile walking over to me. He's too young to understand. I really wanted to tell him but he wouldn't get it.

- - - -

We headed down to the beach for a bit but firstly we headed to the tower. Reggie was holding my hand as we walked in. "Hey you two." Hoppo said making Reggie laugh. "How are you Reggie? You've grown?" Chappo said. "I'm very tall." He smiled making us laugh a little. "Ryan, we'll take him for a bit so you can have a little time to yourself." Jethro said as him and Jackson walked out of the tower with Reggie.

I sat down on the chair. "How you feeling today?" Chappo asked. I sighed. "Not good but I'm trying to be strong for Reggie." I told him. "It's been a year." Hoppo said as he sat against the counter. "A year since I lost her. My whole world. Reggie's mum. My wife. It's gone by so fast." I told them. "She'll be proud of you both. "You know she wouldn't want to see you like this." Chappo said making me giggle a bit. "True. She would try do something to make me smile." I said as I smiled. "Now go have fun with your son. Make some memories with him and enjoy yourself." Hoppo said patting my back. I thanked them and headed off to get Reggie. We spent the day together making those memories.

- - - -

I took Reggie hand leading him out back. He wanted to go star gazing which is what we did a few times a week. Only for an hour before his bedtime. "Ooo look shooting star. Make a wish!" I said to my son Reggie. He closed his eyes wishing hard. "All done." He said making me smile. Reggie ran in the grass. He ran back over to me. "I miss mummy." He said hugging me tightly. "I miss her too buddy." I said hugging him tightly. We looked up at the stars watching them as some shot past.

Reggie looked up at the stars smiling and pointing at some of them. "Reggie?" I said making him look up at me. "Yes daddy." He smiled. "I want you to know that your mummy loved you so so much. She's going to be so proud of you. You're going to make her proud, aren't you?" I asked. Reggie nodded his head. "Yes. I'll always make mummy proud. Will mummy visit us?" He asked. I smiled. "One day Reg." I smiled as we watched the stars for a little longer. Y/n would've wanted us to be happy and so we are but she was everything to us. We'll make her proud.