Max A - leaf

Your POV:
I turned in my bed hearing my alarm going off. "Ugh." I groaned trying to turn it off but that miserably failing. I sighed finally turning it off. I got out of bed before checking my phone as that would've made me stay in bed longer.

My phone lit up a few times catching my attention so I walked over to it taking a look. There was a message from Max on there as well as some other notifications.

Max ☺️
Morning y/n. Hope you had a good sleep. Still up for meeting later?

I sent him a message back.

Y/n 🌸
Morning (: definitely would love to see you again.

I placed the phone back down and headed to the bathroom getting ready for the day. 30 minutes later I finally finished and headed into the kitchen with everything I needed. Breakfast was the last thing on my mind as I had other bits to do before leaving the house. It went by quickly and I grabbed something from the cupboard. Time for work. I grabbed my car keys and headed to the office.

- - - -

Max and I met up afterwork for a bit. I met him outside the tower just as he walked out. "You look nice." He smiled giving me a side hug. "I look horrible especially after coming out of work." I said with a small smile. "No never." He said making me blush a little. We began to walk.

The two of us have been friends for a few years now, about 4. I've always liked Max. We flirt a lot. But deep down I know he doesn't like me that way. I realised that when my family and I moved out of the country for a few years.

*flashback*

My heart broke. I waved goodbye to Max for the final time as I walked away with my family past security.

Max 💙
I'll see you soon. Don't forget about me x

Thee tears filled my eyes. I wiped them away before anyone could see.

Y/n 🌸
I'll never forget about you Max ❤️x

That was the final time we spoke for a few weeks. Max and I drifted apart over the months and hardly ever spoke.

*years later*

My plane landed back home. I'm finally home. I wasn't expecting anyone to meet me at the airport as I never told anyone I was coming back. Well I updated my Instagram story here and there but that was it.

I found my bags taking them and then finally making my way towards some doors. I walked out of one set of doors then noticed someone familiar standing a few meters in front of me.

There stood Max with a big smile on his face also with a bouquet of flowers in his hands. Oh and a sign 'Welcome home y/n'. It was so sweet of him. We both smiled seeing each other again. I hurried over to him and I placed my bags by our feet as we hugged. "Welcome home." He whispered in my ear.

*end of flashback*

We walked through the trees in the nice walk sun. Some leaves would occasionally fall to the floor here and there as we passed. We talked for a bit as we walked. I noticed that he had a leaf in his hair. I smiled to myself. "You umm have something in you're hair... umm do you want me to get it out?" I asked nervously to him. He smiled. "Sure." He said as I took the small leaf out of his hair. There was silence between us.

The two of us headed towards a cafe to get a drink while we walked around for a bit longer. Nothing was said between us before I thought of something. "Any plans set for the future?" I asked taking a sip of my drink. "Already thinking that far ahead?" He laughed. "Maybe." I smiled.

Max looked at me. "Well I hope to find someone to love soon as I don't want to be single my whole life. Stay being a lifeguard hopefully. Umm get married and start a family?" He questioned. I nodded my head. "Nice sounds like you've got it all planned." I replied. "What about you?" He asked. "Find someone to love hopefully. Fall head over heals for them. Get engaged? Then married to them? Fall even deeper in love with them. Then maybe start a family." I explained. Max gave me another look. "Wow that was detailed." He chuckled as I did a nervous chuckle. "Ah yeah." I mumbled as we walked.

Max walked me home. He loved a few house down from me. "I'll see you tomorrow." He said kissing my cheek. I smiled. "See you tomorrow." I said walking inside. What we have is complicated...

A/n: part 2?