Dylan - tics

A/n: this is inspired by Nicci-Cakes when she wrote about tics. As someone who suffers with tics I thought I would write about my experiences and how I cope with them. This was tough to write but I hope you enjoy this!

⚠️ this does come with a warning as it might be sensitive to some and also there's some curse words in here too, so read at your own risk.

Your POV:
His arms were wrapped around my waist when I woke up. I got out of bed so I didn't disrupt Dylan while he slept. I walked downstairs and into the kitchen where his mum was. She smiled as I entered the room. "Morning Vicki. How did you sleep?" She asked. I yawned a little. "Good but a little sleepy." I said before a sudden twitch came on with my arm. "Mmm." I mumbled. She gave me a small smile. I was sat at the kitchen island for a bit as I wasn't in the mood for food at the precise moment in time.

It's annoying but I can't control it. My hand rested against my head. "No." I said to myself. The control I had left my body. "F*ck." I said as my hand 'gently' hit my head. I moved my hand away and took a deep breath. "Sorry about that." I said running my hand over my thigh before I lost a little control again. I hissed in pain. "Don't be Vicki. How is it going with your tics?" Dylan's mum asked. "It's tough but I try not to think about it because it makes it worse. You guys have helped me through it so much and I'm so thankful that you have." I said as she walked over hugging me.

Dylan walked into the kitchen with his hood up. He definitely just woke up. I looked up seeing her smile. "I'll leave you two alone." She smiled walking out of the kitchen. "Morning bubs." Dylan whispered in my ear from behind. "Morning." I said kissing his cheek. We both made some breakfast together sitting at the table besides one another. "How did you sleep?" I asked taking a bite of my toast. "Really well. I was exhausted last night." He said drinking some of his drink as I smiled. "What about you?" He asked. "I slept well." I smiled finishing off my food.

We both enjoyed one another's company for a while. I rested my head on Dylan's shoulder as we sat there in silence. He was scrolling through his phone. I left mine upstairs so I was just sat there staring into thin air. My arm jolted making my hand hit the table. "Sorry." I mumbled. Dylan looked at me. "Babe you don't need to say sorry every time you know." He said softly with a little chuckle.

Dylan and his family have been supportive of me since I told them about my tics. I think they knew something didn't add up when I kept telling them a certain things. They soon managed to get it out of my system. Having Dylan by me when I have a bad day he can calm me down easily and all this. The tics don't hurt but I get the occasional one that will.

Dylan's POV:
A few hours passed and the two of us left the house. I took vicki down to the beach, specifically Bronte. It wasn't that busy. Her body would jolt here and there. Sometimes it hurts me because I don't know if she's in pain.

We made our way onto the sand finding a spot to sit at as we sat there for sometime before I took her hand as we walked into the water. We swam for a bit and had fun in the water with one another. "Water shark." She shouted. "Shhh y/n don't say that." I exclaimed as she laughed. "Oops sorry." She smiled as we headed back to where our towels were. "Hey Dylan. Hey y/n." Mouse said as he passed. "Hey." I replied. She smiled waving her hand. "Ooo koala." She said randomly making me chuckle.

Vicki says it's ok to laugh (sometimes). I laugh some of the time but not always because deep down she may not like it even though she says it ok. Sometimes we just laugh together about it but in reality it's not something to make jokes about.

Anyways, we were sat on the sand facing one another. She flicked some sand onto my legs. "Babe why?" I whined. She laughed brushing it off. "You had a Sandy leg." She said bursting out with laughter afterwards. "You love me really." I smiled making her smile too. "Of course I love you." I told her. "Good because I wouldn't know what to do without you." She said making me blush a little.

Her arms a legs would occasionally twitch as we were sitting down. I would always hold her hand when this would happen as it calms her down.

Your POV:
We walked back to his. "What a day?!" I smiled as we walked inside. "I made some dinner but I didn't know if you two had already eaten." His mum told us. "We haven't eaten yet but I would love some food." I said with a little laugh. "Good. I'll dish some up for you." She smiled as I took my shoes off following Dylan to the table.

The two of us sat at the table for dinner and began tucking in. My fork hit the plate here and there when I got my tics. Once I finished eating the first thing I did was I placed my hands over my ears a little too roughly. "That hurt." I said taking my hands away. He took my plate for me washing it up. "Thank you." I smiled kissing the corner of his lips making him smile.

Dylan and his mum left the room. I was heading over to the sink to place my cup down when my head jolted to the side. Then my arm twitched. The cup fell from my hand and onto the floor smashing into pieces. I fell to the floor with it as that was my reaction.

They came running in. "I am so sorry. So sorry. Ahh I need to clean this up." I exclaimed rushing around trying to clean it up. "I am so sorry." I said over and over. "Vicki it's ok. We can clean it up." His mum told me brushing up the bits I missed. I sighed. "These stupid tics." I cried out. "Vicki come on I'll take you upstairs." Dylan told me. I sighed rubbing my hands across my face.

Dylan took my hand and led me up to his room. "I'm fed up with this." I cried. Dylan wrapped his arms around me for a bit then stayed close to me as we sat on his bed. "I know baby but we can distract you from it and focus on the important things. Obviously it's not going to go away just like that but if we start off with small things at a time then we can figure out away.?No matter what people say about you y/n you're perfect the way you are." Dylan said as he hugged me. How did I get so lucky?

A/n: you can think what you want but each person is different when it comes to things like this. Thank you Nicci for writing about this before me. You're amazing!

Also thanks for over 3k reads!