Jethro - just a fan

Your POV:
It was just a normal day for me. I couldn't do much today due to the current pandemic so I decided to load up some Bondi Rescue on YouTube for me to watch for a bit. I was in my room laying on my bed and just enjoying life while I could. Jethro popped up on the screen making me smile so much. He's my favourite lifeguard! There's something about him that makes me smile and butterflies flood in my stomach. Ahh he's just amazing!

I've been a fan of the show for a few years now and in that time I made a fan account to support them all (mainly Jethro). I tagged him in some photos of edits/drawings I've done of him and the other lifeguards. He's seen them/commented on them. Fan girl moment!!! He's interacted with my account so much it feels great. "Maybe he knows who I am?" I questioned myself. Definitely not Y/n! I thought.

After watching Bondi for sometime, my laptop needed to charge so I did that then got back on the bed and I laid on my back, looking up at the ceiling as my thoughts drifted off...

I walked down the pavilion towards the tower for today's shift. This was my dream job. I'm so lucky I got offered it. I walked into the tower with my head low. As I walked in there stood Jethro. He was standing by the stairs with a big smile on his face. His long blonde hair and gorgeous blue eyes stood out. "Morning Y/n." He said making my stomach swarm with butterflies. "M-morning Jethro." I said taking a seat in the chair and picking up my radio for the day.

It's impossible to get him off of my mind if I'm honest. I think about so many thoughts and he's definitely in there. He would never date someone like me?! I'm the quiet one. The one who doesn't really speak. The one who's shy but then once you get to know me I'll come out of my shell...

Maybe we could be dating? Well in my head we're mentally dating anyways!

I walked into the tower with a big smile on my face. Jethro was there smiling and laughing already. "What's up guys?" I asked and they stopped laughing for a bit. "Oh nothing much. Just talking about some funny moments that have happened on this beach over the season so far." Whippet said making me smile. I'm so glad I stayed. It was the energy and they guys that made me stay. I had been thinking about leaving this job as I got offered another job over seas which I was going to consider but I changed my mind last minute. Thankfully!

If I did leave then I would've left the love of my life Jethro. I couldn't do that to him. We've been together for a while now and it would just break us 10x harder than normal. Anyways, I walked over to the medical bed and began to sort out some bit over there so we had the supplies ready just in case something popped up.

In the corner of my eye I could see Jethro walk over to me. I smiled to myself. He took a seat on the bed while I did my thing. "Y/n?" He said softly catching my attention. I smiled at him. We looked into each other's eyes. I'm so glad to be able to call him mine. Jethro reached his arms out and pulled me in by my waist so I was standing between his legs while he was still sat on the bed. Our faces were close. Jethro smiled as he looked at me making me blush a little. "You're my only light." He whispered making the butterflies appear again. It's impossible to get him off of my mind! There was knocks coming from the tower door which made us pull apart so I headed over to open it and see who it was...

I snapped out of my thoughts by the knock on my bedroom door. "Y/n darling, dinner is ready." Mum said as she put her head around the door. I smiled a little and got up off of my bed. I sighed heading out of the room. I understand that he'll never be mine, I break inside just a little knowing that. The reality is that, I'm just a fan.