Whippet - anxiety

Your POV:
It's a nice feeling knowing you're winning at life. It's going just like I had planned. I have my own house, a great paint job which is my dream job, a wonderful husband, a dog and a little baby on the way. I wouldn't say life is perfect as mine never was but to me, I'm grateful for what I have now.

Back to the real thing.

I'm about 7 months into my pregnancy, my bump is bumping and I'm so excited to meet our little one. We have an appointment to go to today which was on my mind a bit.

I woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs being cooked. I smiled. I got up placing on one of whippets jumpers. "Good morning love." He said not looking up from the island that he was cooking from. "Good morning." I replied heading over to the island where he was. I wrapped my arms around his waist the best I could, the bump stopping me from fully doing it. I pulled away and took a seat on the stools. "How are you feeling this morning?" He asked. "I'm good, baby is kicking a lot." I smiled rubbing my stomach. He smiled walking towards me rubbing my tummy.

Whippet handed me a glass of water and all my vitamins that I needed to take. "Thank you." I smiled. He winked. When he does that it always gives me butterflies. I love him. "Food is now ready, we have a busy day." Whippet said smiling placing the plates down in front of us.

We ate breakfast while catching up on the recent news that played on the tv. "I'm slightly nervous." I said playing with the bits of food on my plate. "Why's that?" He asked. "I'm not sure, I guess I'm just overthinking the fact that its not going well or something is up when I know there's not." I explained. "From the last visit, they said all is ok with you and baby, I'm sure there's nothing wrong, believe me when I say this." He told me. I smiled a bit. The reasurance was what I need."Let's get you to the hospital." Whippets smiled, pecking my lips as he passed with the plates in his hands.

We got ready, I was wearing cycling shorts and an oversized tee as that's all that fits me and also its very warm out so I don't want to overheat, plus being pregnant makes everything hotter than it should. "You ready?" Ryan called through the house. Deep down, no, I am very nervous, I'm not a fan of hospitals for one and two I'm scared, I just want this to go smoothly as possible. I know it is but it's having that constant thought that it's not. Reassurance is what I need right now.

The two of us headed out to the car and on towards the hospital.

- - - -

We walked out of the hospital and towards the car. "What if you're not here, or at work and we need you?" I asked. "I'll come home straight away and be there." He said. "All the boys will understand if I need to leave for any reason. Everything will all be ok." Whippet told me. I felt a sense of relief.

We approached the house in the car. "Y/n, I know this is scary and it will be, we're first time parents so of course we are, nothing will be perfect at the beginning and we'll just have to accept that ." Whippet said comforting, rubbing the bottom of my back. We were sat in the car just outside the house."I love you." He said. "I love you too." I smiled as he kissed the side of my head.

Oh how I am excited for this new chapter in life.

A/n: something short but sweet, just to keep everyone updated but requests are closed!