Jake - lifeguard

Your POV:
Another day at the office. I worked in the background of the bondi lifeguards. It's a great job as they would come in here and there thanking me or just coming in to say hi, obviously as well with the odd important question.

My office door opened again. "Hey y/n." The voice said. I looked up seeing Jake standing there with a smile making me smile back. "Hey Jake, how's it going?" I asked. "Pretty good actually. I was wondering if you're free after your shift, if you'd like to grab a coffee or something?" Jake asked. I smiled at the thought of it. "Of course. I'll meet you outside on the pavilion." I said making Jake smile. "I'll see you then. Bye y/n." He said as he left my office.

Oh my days. I never excepted Jake to ask me out?! I mean he is pretty cute and I will admit I do have a slight crush on him. Well I mean now I might have an even bigger crush on him. Let's hope it works out.

The day began to drag after that. I completed a lot of paperwork for Hoppo and we recruited about 2/3 more lifeguards for the team over the next season which is always exciting. The time came for me to meet Jake. Our shifts had finished for the day. I shut the office doors but not locking them as that was for Hoppo to do. I walked down the steps seeing Jake standing there. "There she is." He said with a smile as I got closer. I smiled. "I'm here." I said making him chuckle. "Let's go get a coffee." He suggested as we headed toward the cafe.

The two of us headed to the cafe. Jake opened the door letting me in first. "After you." He said as I walked in front. What a gentleman. "What would you like? I'll pay." He said. "That's nice of you, thank you. I'll have a flat white please." I said as he walked up to the counter to order our drinks. We sat down for a bit and started our conversation.

- - - -

We were walking down the pavilion having a chat and a good laugh. "I do love myself a lifeguard." I smirked towards Jake. He smiled, looking at the floor with his face going slightly red. "You do?" He asked nervously. "Oh hell yeah." I exclaimed making him chuckle. I love his laugh. I smiled to myself as he did too. "Let me walk you to your car so I know you're safe." He said as we walked. We continued our conversation as we approached the car park.

My car was parked in my usual spot. We came to a halt. "Thank you for walking me to my car." I smiled. "No problem... You're a really nice person y/n and I'd love to get to know you more." Jake said scratching the back of his neck. My heart began to beat fast. "I would love to get to know you too." I replied with a smile. Jake's face lit up. "How about the same time tomorrow?" He suggested. "That's good with me." I said making him smile. We said our goodbyes and headed in our own directions for the night.