Blake - this isnt us

Your POV:
I've been on the job for 5 years and I know what I'm doing. We all get along well and have a laugh here and there, nothing beats working with all these amazing people. My boyfriend Blake is also a lifeguard. We've been dating for 6 years now. We argue here and there but recently had an argument which caused us to be silent with each other, to the point where he ended up sleeping in the spare bedroom.

I got to work 15 minutes after Blake. I walked into the tower placing my bag down in my usual spot. Maxi was in there. "Morning." I said taking a seat. I grabbed some paper and a pen and began to fill out the paperwork. "Morning. Where's Blake?" He asked. "I'm not too sure. He left for work early this morning." I told him. "Oh right, it's just you two are normally in here together." Maxi said raising an eyebrow. I shrugged my shoulders. Footsteps were heard coming closer. It was Blake.

He walked in the tower, walked over to where his water bottle was, which was always next to mine and it still was surprisingly, took a sip and then walked back out. Maxi looked between us both. I smiled grabbing my radio, clipping it to my shorts and headed on out.

Unfortunately we were paired up together for the rhino that day which made it feel a little awkward. I always loved these shifts when we were together like that.

It felt awkward in the air. I have a feeling he got jealous as I was speaking to his colleague, Chappo and we were laughing a lot as well as messing around a bit.

Not much was happening so I think now would be the perfect time to speak up about it all. "This isn't us y/n." Blake said with a sigh. I looked at him. "I know and I want to fix this." I exclaimed. "So do I." He said back. I smiled internally. "Let's talk it all out, what we're feeling and go from there, ok?" I suggested. He smiled. "Fine by me." Blake said making a small smile appear on my face. "You go first." I told him.

Blake looked me in the eyes as he spoke. "I didn't like the fact that you and Chappo were close the other day. Laughing and messing around." He said. I knew it. He was jealous. "I completely understand why you felt that way as vis versa if you did that with a girl. I don't feel anything towards him, never have never will. My eyes are for you and you only ok. I'm sorry it made you feel that way." I reassured him. Blake smiled slightly.

The two of us headed back up into the tower for the rest of our shift. "Have you two sorted whatever was going on between you both?" Maxi asked with a smirk. I looked at Blake and he looked at me. "I never said anything." He mentioned quietly. We both looked at maxi confused. "I could feel the tension between you both." He said with a laugh. "Ohh yeah, we did." I quickly said so he wouldn't ask further questions. Maxi laughed as he walked out of the tower.

I looked at Blake. "Odd." I said taking a seat back down. "I love you y/n." He said with a smile. "I love you too Blake." I smiled back as we shared a quick kiss on the lips before getting back to work.