Dylan - you

Your POV:
I just got back from being out of town for a few days and I hadn't seen my best friend in a whole week. We meet roughly every week to catch up on what we've missed but apart from that we keep in contact regularly. I miss him a lot but that's what happens when you only have one true friend like Dylan.

- - - -

It was silent. Nothing was going on just the sound of silence coming from the room we were in. This was much needed. Just the two of us. Dylan was curled up behind me on the bed which we were on, his bed to be precise. He had his arms wrapped around my waist and kept me close, holding me tight. I turned my head and looked behind me, he was sleeping peacefully. I felt safe in his arms like I normally do even when I'm not, I feel safe around him. Dylan is a deep sleeper so he wouldn't wake up with me just talking normally or making little noise but I like to keep the noise as quiet as I can when he's asleep.

Dylan's brother walked past the bedroom. (A/n: can't remember his name). The door was open slightly when he walked past. In the corner of my eye, the door opened slowly making a slight noise and in he walked. "Aww that's cute. I'm surprised you two aren't together yet." He said smiling, making me blush. He left us alone then as the door shut Dylan just groaned and moved a bit so he was comfortable again. He now had his head on my chest and legs over my waist.

I really needed to use the bathroom but I couldn't move because Dylan's grip was tightly around me plus I didn't want to wake him as he was sleeping peacefully. I tried to move a bit so I could get out of his grip but unfortunately Dylan stopped me. "Y/n. Please don't go. Stay." He mumbled still half asleep. "Dylan, I really need to use the bathroom." I said trying to move again as I couldn't hold it in. "Please." He said opening his eyes and looking at me with his gorgeous blue eyes. "Can I go to the bathroom first? I won't be long, I promise." I asked running my hands through his hair. "Don't be too long though." Dylan mumbled into my neck then eventually let me go. I quickly got off of the bed and went to use the bathroom.

Dylan's POV:
I heard footsteps come into the room. "Dylan?" I heard my brother say. My eyes were still closed but I slowly opened them for him. "Yes, how may I help?" I asked fully opening my eyes. "Firstly where did Y/n go to, she was here a second ago?" He asked. "She went to the bathroom." I told him running my hand through my hair. The two of us got talking about family things and other bits and bobs. "So are you and y/n official yet?" He asking making me slowly turn to face him. "Umm no we're just best friends." I said. "Well sometimes becoming best friends first in a relationship is better than rushing into things." He told me. Good point.

My mind began to trail off into a thought but I got snapped out of it shortly after. "You really like her don't you." He said. I smiled feeling my cheeks go red. "I do but I don't know how to tell her." I told him. "Well I'm sure you'll find a way as you always do." He said patting my shoulder. Footsteps came closer to the room and in walked y/n with that amazing smile.

Your POV:
I did what I needed to do in the bathroom then headed out back to Dylan. As I approached I heard Dylan talking to his brother so I decided to go downstairs and quickly get a drink. Their mum was in the kitchen cooking up some food which smelt amazing! "Smells great in here." I smiled as I walked in the kitchen and towards the cupboard to grab a glass. "Thanks sweetie." She smiled. I filled my glass up with water and watched as she cooked while having a conversation in the meantime of course.

Before I headed back upstairs I stopped and turned back around. "Can I ask you something?" I said with a nervous smile. "Of course, ask me anything you want, I'm always here to listen to you love." She said. I took a deep breath. "How do you tell someone you like them a lot without messing what you've already got between you both?" I asked hoping she understood. I looked up seeing her smile. "You like Dylan don't you?" She asked. I could feel my cheeks going slightly red. "I mean he's cute and all- yeah I do, a lot actually but I don't want to ruin our friendship." I explained. Dylan's mum walked over towards me pulling me in for a hug. "Y/n, y/n, y/n, what are we going to do with you hey? Well my love, you could always pull him for a chat and tell him or just think on it then go from there but I wouldn't worry about it too much, I'm definitely 100% sure that Dylan feels the same way. Mums know best!" She told me making my heart race. Oh how I wish!

After a chat, I walked back upstairs and towards Dylan's bedroom, walking in with a smile. "There she is, my favourite person." He smiled making me giggle. Ahh he gets to me.