Maxi - mistake

Requested by @Thenextstepfan3

Your POV:
We've been friends for a few years now and have clicked well. We're now best friends and inseparable. When Maxi and I became closer my feelings for him came stronger and I felt differently towards him. I do like him and I'm not afraid to admit it. It's hard not to show it but when he smiles my stomach does flips here and there. I mean who wouldn't?? I'm not sure if Maxi feels the same way as I do but I hope he does...

Maxi's POV:
Yes. I like y/n more than friends. But I'm not sure if she feels the same way. I would love for us to go on a date but it's too late now. Y/n's best friend, Rosie and I have been speaking for a while. We've gotten to know one another and I asked her to be my girlfriend. My feelings for y/n may go. Who knows but we'll see.

Rosie and I walked down towards the tower hand in hand. Y/n was with a few of the guys outside having a laugh. "Hey guys!" Rosie exclaimed as we walked over. "Hey." They all said. "What brings you down here?" Jethro asked. "We have something to say." I said looking at y/n. "We're dating." Rosie exclaimed. I smiled. Y/n's facial expression changed. "How long?" Deano asked. "For a few weeks actually." I said proudly. "Y/n, say something?" Rosie said with a little jump. "Oh umm yeah, I'm happy for you both." She said with a small smile. I'm not sure how Y/n feels about this but you could say I'm happy.

Your POV:
When they announced that they were dating I must admit my heart did break. I thought he liked me but I clearly thought wrong. We've hung out a lot recently as well. Like going to the beach. I was third wheeling really. The two of them were enjoying their time in the water while I sat back and watched until I got fed up seeing them so in love. I took my book out and began to read it. They work well together though. They're an amazing couple too. I did dream of having a future with Maxi but those plans are now scrapped, unfortunately, but if Rosie is happy then I'm going to be happy for her even if it causes me pain.

A few months passed and I was meeting up with Rosie as she had something important to tell me. We met up by the shopping centre as we planned to shop as well. Rosie shoved her hand in front of my face when I arrived. I saw the ring and looked at it in shock. "He asked me to marry him and I said yes of course!" She exclaimed in happiness. I smiled as I was in shock. "Aren't you happy?" She asked. "Oh umm... yes of course I am! I'm so happy. Wow Rosie. You're getting married." I exclaimed smiling wildly. "Good because I want you to be my maid of honour." She smiled. I smiled back but deep down my feelings for Maxi were still there. I still love him.

- - - -

It's Maxi and Rosie's engagement party and I'm over the moon for them. It was about half way through the party when I headed outside and onto the balcony. I needed some fresh air. The wind hit against my face which felt amazing. I heard the door open behind me making me turn around seeing Harrison walking towards me with a smile on his face causing me to smile back.

He leaned against the railing like I did. "Are you ok?" Harrison asked. "Yeah, I'm all good, I just needed some fresh air from the engagement party." I said looking out. "What's going on? You don't seem like yourself." He said stating the obvious. I sighed. "Ok, if you must know, I've liked Maxi for a long time as more than a best friend and they are now engaged so I'll let you figure the rest out." I said as I felt the tears fall down my cheeks. Harrison noticed. "Come here." He said pulling me into his arms hugging me tightly. After a while we pulled away and his lips were pressed to my forehead. "It's going to be ok. It's going to be ok." Harrison told me. Well I hope so.

Maxi's POV:
During the engagement party I had noticed that y/n wasn't around. I was so confused on where she went too. I needed to tell her how I felt towards her. She needs to know. I've been looking for her for the past 15 minutes and she's no where. Well she must be somewhere. I walked past the balcony seeing two people outside. I walked backwards seeing it was Harrison and Y/n. They were hugging. My heart was racing and then I saw Harrison press a kiss against her forehead. They must be dating?!