Chase - paper rings

A/n: Inspired by the song 'Paper Rings by Taylor Swift'

*short*

Your POV:
Today marks out 5th year anniversary. I woke up next to my boyfriend. The love of my life. Right next to me. I opened my eyes. "Morning love." Chase mumbled. "Morning." I replied pressing my lips to his then snuggled back into him. "I don't want to move. I wanna stay in bed." I said against his neck. "We can stay here for however long you want baby." Chase said running his hand through my hair.

The two of us were laying in bed enjoying each other's company, now fully awake. "We've been together for 5 years. That's a long time." I said staring up at the ceiling. "I know baby but I'll spend more and more with you. Then we'll get married and start a lovely family together and grow old together." Chase said making me smile. He really wants that. "You want to marry me?" I asked. "I'd marry you with a paper ring." Chase said as we both smiled and then the memories flooded back.

*flashback*

Chase and I have been friends for years. Throughout school we stuck by each other not leaving one another's side. At the age of 6 we both were at school on this particular day. Obviously we didn't know that much. It was lunchtime and we were sat outside by the trees.

Chase pulled out some bits of paper from his pocket. "What's that?" I asked. He smiled. "A paper ring. One for you and one for me." He smiled showing me them. I smiled. Chase took my finger and placed it on there with a smile and he did the same to his. "What's it for?" I asked looking down at the ring with a smile. "I would marry you with paper rings." Chase said as we both giggled. Each day we would wear the rings until they broke.

*end of flashback*

"You're the one I want." I replied making Chase smile. "With paper rings or the real rings." I added. Chase smiled kissing my cheek over and over. I love this boy so much.

- - - -

It's been a few days and Chase has been out of the house a lot. He's definitely been keeping a secret from me. I can kinda tell...

Chase took my hand leading me out back. I smiled seeing some flowers and lights. "What's this?" I asked in surprise. "A surprise... I know you like shiny things but paper rings aren't quite like that unless it's coloured in or with shiny paper, or even glitter." Chase said making us laugh. "But maybe I could replace those paper rings from when we were 5 with a real shiny one." He told me getting down on one knee. Chase opened the small box revealing a beautiful shiny ring.

My hand went to my mouth. "Oh my." I whispered. "So Y/n Y/l/n, will you marry me?" Chase asked with a smile. "Yes! Yes! Yes!" I exclaimed. He placed the ring on my finger. "I love you so much." I whispered wrapping my arms around him. "I love you too y/n." He mumbled as we hugged tightly. I pulled back a bit with my arms still loosely around his neck. We smiled at one another before pressing our lips together.