Mouse - just the two of us

Your POV:
We've been together for 6 years and have been engaged for nearly 2. We planned to get married sooner but unfortunately had to cancel the plans for the wedding due to work and family problems which all got in the way but good news, we've got a date set and we plan to keep it.

I woke up in bed by myself that morning which was different from most mornings. It took me time to wake up but I stretched and got out of bed, eventually about 5 minutes later.

I walked into the living room and saw mouse sat on the sofa with a cup in his hand. The tv was playing in the background. "Morning baby. How did you sleep?" He asked placing his cup down and getting up off of the sofa. "I slept very well thank you, what about you?" I asked as I poured myself a cup of coffee. "I slept good babes." He smiled coming over to me hugging me from behind.

Mouse took my hand and led me to the sofa. We both sat down and I snuggled up into his chest for the meantime. The two of us stayed where we were for a while until it was time to budge. We hugged each other tight. "Let's get to work babes." Mouse whispered. "As much as I want to stay at home with you and do nothing all day we have a beach to look after." I said making him chuckle. We both got up, headed to the bedroom and got ready for the day.

We didn't start work for a while so we decided to take a walk. As we walked, we took some photos together and of one another, for memories. We walked hand in hand back towards Bronte as that's the beach we were on duty for today.

Mouse and I walked into the empty tower, placing our things down in the corner before getting comfortable in the chairs. "Let's get today over with, then tomorrow we can spend the day either doing nothing or wedding planning." Mouse smiled making my eyes light up. "How about both?" I suggested wriggling my eyebrows at him making him laugh a little.

Some footsteps walked into the tower. We looked up seeing Chappo there. "Morning you two." Chappo said as he walked in. "Morning Chappo. How are you?" I said as I gave him a smile. "I'm good today, thank you y/n! How are you?" He asked. "Very well thank you." I replied with a smile. "Good good. If you need me call over the radio." Chappo said before leaving the tower. I turned in my chair to face mouse. His bottom lip was out, like he was pouting at me. "You're cute you know Mouse." I told him with a chuckle. He laughed after pulling my chair closer to his.

- - - -

It was now mid-afternoon and the beach was quieter than normal, still a few people on it but no one in the water. We still had eyes on the water just in case anything happened.

Our chairs were close to each other as we sat with each other. I held my left hand out as we both looked at the beautiful ring that was placed on my finger about 2 years ago. It's a beauty. "To this day, this ring, takes my breath away." I said studying it. "You take my breath away babes." Mouse said, kissing the side of my head making me smile. Oh how I love this man so much!! I can't wait for the day we get married.