Whippet - 39 weeks

Requested by @emz0912

Emily's POV:
I'm 26 and I have a wonderful fiancé. Ryan. He proposed to me a months ago but I'm now 39 weeks pregnant. This is the best time for us. It came as a surprise but we're both so excited for the new arrival.

The sun shone through the curtains as I woke up. Ryan didn't need to start work till 9ish so we had sometime to ourselves. I walked into the kitchen where Ryan was. He made himself a coffee. "Morning." Ryan said placing his hands on my bump as he walked over to me. "Morning." I smiled as we hugged, well tried to hug but my bump go in the way.

We both headed back to the bedroom and I sat down on the bed. "How did you sleep?" I asked Ryan as he got himself ready for the day. "Great." He said walking into the en-suite. "It was a late night but I slept well." He smiled walking out 5 minutes later. "How you feeling?" He asked as he helped me up off of the bed. "I'm in a bit of pain actually but I should be ok. Hopefully baby girl doesn't come today if she does then great but I don't feel ready." I mumbled as Ryan hugged me. "Oh y/n. It'll be ok. The bag is packed and ready in the car just in case anything does happen." Ryan told me. I smiled pecking his lips softly.

I let Ryan shower as I got myself ready too. I finished before him and headed into the living room. "Doing anything today?" Ryan asked while I sat on the sofa. "Nope absolutely nothing." I smiled. "Good because you're coming with me." He said with a smile. "Are you sure?" I asked. "100%." He smiled. We finished getting ready and finally headed off for the day.

- - - -

Ryan held my hand as we walked into the tower. "We have extra company today." Ryan said as he found me a chair to sit in. I thanked him and sat in the chair. "Y/n I thought you would be at home." Maxi said giving me a hug. "I planned to but Ryan here insisted I come with him." I said with a smile. "He's being protective." Maxi said. "I'm here to keep an eye on here because the baby could literally come today." Ryan exclaimed. "I think it's cute." I smiled running my hands through his hair.

Later on in the day a sharp pain shot across my stomach causing me to suck in a breath. "God damn it." I said under my breath. "You ok there baby?" Ryan asked looking at me in concern. I nodded my head. "All good just a little uncomfortable." I said moving around in me seat again.

Another hour past and the pain got worse. I felt pressure below and soon felt something trickling down my leg. "R-Ryan?" I stuttered not moving as I'm in shock. "Yes baby?" He said turning to me. "Oh my days! Did you just pee yourself?" He asked looking like he wanted to laugh. "No I did not-." Before I could finish my sentence a contraction hit hard and the pressure intensified. "I think this baby is going to be here very very soon." I groaned out. Ryan placed his hand on my back rubbing it while he spoke into the radio.

*bondi central to the boys in buggies... emily has just gone into Labour and we're definitely not going to make it to the hospital in time. I think we have to deliver the baby here.*

Ryan's POV:
Emily stood up and began to walk around a bit. I wish I could take her pain away. Troy called for an ambulance for us but it was going to be sometime before they got to us. "Deep breaths in and out." I said as she did. Quinn ran in placing his radio and other bits down. He's a paramedic so luckily he had some training in this. "A few of the others are coming up to help as well." He told us. Soon Corey, Chappo, Jackson and Jethro turned up.

They all walked in with smiles. Emily was in my arms as we swayed side to side for a bit. "Let's have this baby!" Jethro exclaimed with a big smile plastered on his face. We all laughed. Quinn, Corey and Jackson got the towels set up (by the medical area) ready. Emily stopped standing up and head over to the towels that were placed on the floor for her. "I feel like I need to push." Emily exclaimed. My heart began to race.

It's time.

Emily's POV:
This isn't how we planned to have our baby but as long as the baby gets here healthy then that's all that matters. "Ok Emily I need you to push. I'll count to 10 and that's when you stop." Quinn instructed me. I nodded my head. Ryan took my hand holding it then placing a kiss on it. "You've got this baby." He whispered kissing the top of my head. The pressure was still there and then the contraction hit. I began to push and push as Quinn counted.

We did this a few times. "The last push will definitely be it. The baby is nearly here. Good call Ryan." Quinn said. I sighed. "Ooo that hurts." I said needing to push again. "Push as hard as you can." Quinn said as he began to count. A odd sensation filled through my stomach just as the baby came. Quinn quickly placed the baby on me wiping it and just doing some checks. My eyes filled with tears.

I looked up at Ryan who had tears in his eyes. "Our baby girl is finally here." He said placing his hand on her small back. I smiled so so much. "Thank you." I said to Quinn. "You did great y/n." Corey said patting Ryan's shoulder. I wiped my tears away looking down at our princess. "She looks just like a mini y/n." Jethro said with a smile. "Thank you all so much." I said resting back against Ryan. "Congratulations to the both of you." Quinn said making me sigh in relief.

Soon the ambo arrived. Me and the baby were placed in the back. "I'll meet you there love." Ryan said to me. I nodded my head as we headed off to the hospital. Finally our baby girl is here.

A/n: thank you for requesting and I hope you liked this!