ᖴOᑌᖇTᗴᗴᑎ | 14

"Japan once again," Takahiro sighed, taking the seat next to his wife. Kamaria smiled over at him as Taishi climbed into his father's lap. Takara was too busy playing with her toys on the floor to notice that he was there.

"It's not that bad, baby, but some of the others want to make it out of a vacation. I don't think it's wise to stay that long. Especially since Opa cannot travel with us this time."

"Ōjo, it's not that he cannot travel. It's that he doesn't want to travel. I spoke with him earlier today. He's good...."

"No, that is what he wants us to believe. Axel Köhler will refuse to show us that he is in pain. The man is trying to put on a strong face for his children and grandchildren. We all know the truth. My Opa is dying, and we can do nothing about it. Hiro, this is starting out to be a horrible fucking year. Excuse my language, but that is how I feel," Mar said as he rubbed her shoulder, nodding.

"Sometimes we have to make the best of what we have Ōjo...."

"That you are right about. Kamaria, what have I told you about feeling sorry for you old Opa?" Axel asked, standing behind their couch. He caused both to turn quickly as he smirked, pointing to a chair.

"Opa, should you be out...."

"Don't you start sounding like your damn Father! I'm walking and breathing, aren't I? So, I can go where I damn, please. Now I have a few things that I would like to discuss with the two of you... about the charity event. I'm not going because it's my decision not to. You can ask your brother and Mother I'm clear to travel. I am choosing not to. However, I have some art pieces that I would like to donate to you and some I would like for you to have Kamaria." He said.

"Okay...." Mar said as Axel tilted his head to the side, and a few of his men came walking in with boxes. Kamaria slowly stood as she went over to look at a few of the paintings pausing as she pulled one out.

"Where did you get these!"

"Don't worry about that. That one is yours to keep. Hmm, think of it as a late... very late wedding present, but there is more." He smirked. Takahiro chuckled, shaking his head eyeing Axel as he smiled at his granddaughter.

"You're a fucking thief, mobster, Father, and Grandfather, huh?"

"I am not a thief. I actually bought some of those...."

"Sure, you did, Opa. All the ones that you are allowing us to action. I'm sure the ones in that you are telling us to keep are the ones you stole." Kamaria laughed. Axel shrugged his shoulders with a smirk watching as she looked through the art.

"It amazes me how all my son's children have the ability to draw, but you are the only one that stands out. You strayed away from fashion. Still, you refuse to use what you can do to better yourself. Kamaria, you have a rare gift. One that allows you to capture people, objects, and more. You should be doing art besides working as a vet...."

"Opa...."

"Wait, I'm not finished. I understand that was not your calling, but I do understand that you love art. So I did a little something for my granddaughter," He said, handing her three sheets of paper. Mar read over them at least ten times before registering what they were saying.

"OH MY GOD! OPA, YOU DIDN'T!"

"What did he do?" Takahiro asked, taking the papers out of his wife's hands, reading them, then looking up to Axel. He smiled at the two of them as Mar continued to freak out, and Hiro was lost for words.

"Oh, I have something for you too, son."

"Opa, you bought three art museums. What more could you have done?" Kamaria asked as she watched her husband's eyes light up and smile. Something he didn't do around others too often.