TᕼIᖇTY-TᗯO | 32

"How are you feeling today?" Adele asked Lola as she walked into her son's room. AJ was in the shower as Lola sat on the bed looking at the television. After giving Adele a small smile, Lola shrugged, rubbing the place where she had her wound.

"These headaches don't help, and I forget things a lot. AJ and I can be talking about something one minute, and I have forgotten all about it the next minute. I don't like it... Ma Dele, I forgot all about AJ proposing to me and was confused about where the ring came from until he told me. I felt stupid. It hurts bad because I was always nice to that girl, and I thought we had a connection. Now that I think about it the whole time, it was to get closer to AJ. Ella thought if she played into his game as she thought it was. She would win him over. I wanted him too, but I was willing to share because he wanted us both. I also prepared myself to walk away if he chose to me with her or just live with just that."

"You have a good heart Lolo. Victor and Natalie ensured that, but you were always a good-hearted child. I just wished your parents were the same...."

"What exactly did they do to die. I mean, I know they were traitors or something, but what did they do?" She asked. Adele sighed, touching the girl's hand as she nodded her head.

"I know you know about us killing off the Yang's mafia the day Xerxes was supposed to marry your cousin. What you didn't know was Luca and I had killed off most of their mafia before that day. The ones we didn't kill crossed over to the Köhler Mafia, your parents included. Anyway, when you were about two, Luca found out that your parent was still in connection with Lie-mei. They were feeding her everything was happening on our end, but only they were lies. Lies that Victor, Kellan, and Luca would record or talk about in the open because we always had a feeling one of them was a mole. To make a long story short, your mother and father tried to kill Luca, and we know how that ended. You were still a baby. Still, that didn't matter you were innocent, so."

"Thank you."

"For what, sweetie?" Adele asked. Instead, Lola hugged Adele tight, getting her the answer she was seeking. Dele smiled, hugging her back as AJ walked from the bathroom, looking between the two.

"Ma, you in here upsetting my fiancée?"

"No, she just made my day. Just from what she told me, I know that I belong where I'm at right now. Ella was making me second guess that." Lola said, looking down messing with the hem of her shirt. AJ and Adele looked at each other, then her.

"What did Ella say to you to make you second guess anything?"

"That I was only here because all of you felt sorry for me...."

"Yeah, you should know by now that Luca and I don't feel sorry for no damn body. There was nothing to feel sorry about for you. I wanted something good for you, and so did Luca. We would have taken you in, but my husband was determined that we weren't raising anyone children after AJ popped up out of nowhere. Kamaria was already a fucking surprise. Then Axel popped up two years later... Victor and Nat volunteer. Only they didn't want to raise you as their child because they wanted you to end up with AJ, but his attention got pulled in another direction. As they said, true love always wins. With that being said, I'm sending you for an MRI. Until then, tell me the date and colors of your wedding." Adele smiled, pointing at the book Lola was writing in. It was sad. She had to rely on writing things down to remember them but could remember things from weeks ago. Even years but not what she ate that morning or did two minutes ago.

 Even years but not what she ate that morning or did two minutes ago