ᔕᗴᐯᗴᑎTY-Oᑎᗴ | 71

"I thought you didn't want to playhouse with your new roommate Eli." Xerxes said trying to hold a smile to his brother. Elijah was sitting in the kitchen feeding Zakiya's son. Or should X say his son? Because Elijah had taken over.

"Funny but Kiya is taking a shower and I was left to look after Carter since the kids are in school and Bri is too little...."

"What about the nanny?"

"What about you minding your own damn business?" Elijah laughed causing Xerxes to do the same as a picture of Ivy on his fridge caught his attention. X had been battling with himself for the past three days about should he tell his brother the truth or not. It was killing him inside and what was killing him the most was that his wife was taking the liar's side. Making him question did Riley ever love him.

"Do you think we were both fooled? That Mariah nor Riley loved us?"

"Riley loves you, bro. Why the fuck would you ask that? Yeah, you are having a hard time, but it will get better with time. Mariah on the other hand, I think just wanted what Riley had. Which was you I don't care how she spin it. She wanted you and I was the next best thing." Elijah said as he burped Carter then laid him back down.

"I file for a divorce...."

"BRO NO! I know you and Riley can work this shit out. Please bro don't let Riah end you two like that." Elijah pleaded. Xerxes sighed shaking his head because his mind was made up. It would be one or two things. Riley was willing to work shit out or she signed the papers.

"Promise me one thing Elijah... get to know Zakiya. Really know her. Think you would be good together...."

"Xerxes, why are you talking like you are about to leave or die? I don't like that shit bro... I may be high but I am highly aware of my surroundings, and something isn't right with you. And why the fucking you keep looking at the picture of Ivy?" He spoke.

"Mariah fucked us all over. If I could bring that bitch back to life and kill her over and over again. I'm hoping I am not about to lose my brother with what I'm about to tell you. Promise me you will not hold this against me, Elijah?" X said as Elijah looked back at the picture then at him standing. He caught on quickly and Xerxes could tell he was just waiting for the hit because instead, Elijah hugged him.

"Bro Riah did that not you. You did nothing wrong. Hell, I did nothing wrong but fall into her fucking trap. So, what are we going to do? What do we tell Ivy?"

"Nothing you are her dad. I'm just a sperm donor, if it worked for Aunt Nova and Uncle Kellan all those years it can work for us. I will continue to be her uncle and nothing else. Shit, I am sorry this shit happened to us." Xerxes said hugging his brother back finally until Zakiya made a noise.

"I-I'm sorry I didn't mean to interrupt you. I was trying to get Carter.... Thank you, Elijah." She said quickly leaving the kitchen as Xerxes lifted a brow.

"Bro she wasn't just trying to get the baby. The girl was in her fucking underwear.... She's trying to fuck! You better go hit that."

"X maybe you should try and go hit your wife... I mean in a good way. All up in her guts. That is what Riley needs. A good dick down to shut her ass up. Hey, bro if you're sure about the divorce, I understand." He said as Xerxes nodded whispering go get your woman before leaving.