ᖴOᖇTY-ᔕᗴᐯᗴᑎ | 47

"Get anything accomplice with the Langs?" Axel asked as they walked back into the house. Takahiro shrugged, pointing behind him at the family walking in behind them. He didn't expect them to come back to the community with them.

"Yeah, we couldn't get anything done at the restaurant. Some reason it was packed with tourists... rich tourists that wanted pictures of us. Leaving didn't make it any better once the news found out that the Köhler and Läng's were in one spot. The place was swarming with reporters... are you okay?" Takahiro said, whispering the last part. Axel smiled at the man, nodding, but Hiro could see the pain in his face. Slowly he turned back to Xerxes as Axel stopped him shaking his head.

"I'm fine, Hiro. Just need to go rest."

"Okay... I'll walk you to your room." He said, making Axel glare at the boy for a second, then nodding. "Maybe you need to get X or Ma Dele to check you over."

"For them to tell me what I already know. I think not... son I have excepted my faith. I'm just waiting for it to happen. Don't worry about this old man Takahiro. Worry about being there for my granddaughter and great grands once I am gone... It's funny how you are married to my granddaughter, but I look at you as one of my children. Maybe because you needed that father figure and just attached yourself on to me." He laughed as Takahiro looked at him.

"Maybe so. It still doesn't mean I won't make a fuss. If you don't want Xerxes or Ma Dele to check you, at least talk to Pops. I don't think he will take it well if you die without speaking to him." Takahiro said, turning to the door before stopping. "Opa, I've been thinking. Whoever attacked us seemed like they wanted Pops to hurt. Ma Dele was shot six times when the rest only twice...."

"I know nothing about my son's enemies. Let the great and powerful Luca tell it. He destroyed them all, but I do see what you are saying. There's a big hole in your thought. Whoever it was knew our lands. Only people that's been here before more than once know that. It's an ally but which one. Three of them are clean, which we know neither would try. They are our family." Axel said.

"Hmm... being family never stopped anyone before. I know it's not the Burgs, Blaise, nor Alessandro but the Nigerians...."

"Would never harm this family. Luca is Obioma's child. The peace was made there!" He spoke. Takahiro nodded, watching as Axel rubbed his chest.

"Sorry to upset you, Opa. I was thinking out loud. Rest, and I will come back to check on you later... I'm sending your son in." He said as Axel's face relaxed, nodding. He didn't mean to upset himself but knew the Nigerians would never break their peace agreement, at least he hoped.

"Where were you?" Kamaria asked as Hiro gave her a smile

"Where were you?" Kamaria asked as Hiro gave her a smile. Besides answering his wife, he kissed her as he touched her belly and sat between her and her father. Luca was glaring at the side of his face telling Hiro he knew something wasn't right.

"Go talk to Opa. He's not feeling too great today and refusing to let Ma Dele or X check him." Takahiro whispered as Luca's face lost some of its color. Still, he nicely nodded, patting his shoulder as he looked to his son.