ᖴIᖴTY-ᔕI᙭| 56

"DAD! WHO IS THE HECK IS THAT WOMAN IN OUR KITCHEN!" Elias and his sister yelled, running into Elijah's bedroom. "Oh my goodness, you smoking that stuff again!" Ivy spoke as she fanned the smoke away.

"You shouldn't ran up in my room. Now you got to smell like a skunk for the rest of the day." Elijah smiled, putting out his blunt and turning back to his children. "She needed a place to stay. So she's here for a little while. Okay." He said as the two stared at him.

"Daddy, what about Mama?"

"Are you stupid or something? Ma is dead. What about her? She was always gone and didn't give a damn about us anyway!" Elias yelled at his little sister as Elijah stood, walking over to his children slowly.

"Hey, don't talk that way about your Mother or your little sister. She loved you, Elias. All of you and Ivy, no one is here to take your Mom's place. Zakiya is just staying here for a little bit... where's your baby sister?"

"Sleep, and Dad, you don't have to lie to us. We heard the others talking. I hate her for what she did to us. Ivy and Bri need her... I needed her and you. The only thing she cared about was herself and what she wanted!" Elias screamed. Elijah sighed, pulling his son to him hugging him tight as he cried. Ivy just stood there wiping her tears until he pulled her to him too. They never really had the chance to show their emotions.

"I love you. I love all of you, and that is never going to change if I can help it. I'm not going any damn where...."

"Daddy, tell me why Mama needed another man when she had you?" Ivy asked, causing Eli's heart to beat a little faster. He didn't want his children to know that bullshit and told his family so.

"Where did you hear that?"

"Dad, really? You know how nosey Xylia, Eva, and Ryleigh are. They overheard you and Uncle X talking and told the rest of us. Plus, I knew and threatened to tell you, but...."

"She whooped you. That day she claimed you called her a bitch or something. I should have...." Elijah said, cutting himself off. He was pissed right about now. That bitch hit his son because of her wrongdoings.

"Yeah, that day. I called her a whore. I walked into the kitchen after school, and she was on the phone with this man that she kept calling C. Thing was Dad; I knew his voice, but I couldn't place it. I'm sorry."

"Elias, you have nothing to be sorry about...."

"Is it okay if I hate her? That I don't feel sorry that Mom is dead." He said, making Elijah stare at him for a moment. He had to stop himself from saying something stupid. Although he wanted to so fucking bad.

"No... Everyone has their own emotions, son, and I won't force you to feel something you don't want to. Shit, you little monsters are wearing down my fucking high... come on, let's get you some breakfast. First, I want you, Elias, to go and get your baby sister while I see what the fuck this woman is doing in my fucking kitchen. I should have been clear no...."

"Yeah, yeah, Dad, we know. No one F's with your kitchen." Elias cheesed while he walked away. Elijah and his daughter looked at one another, smirking as he picked her up, carrying her down the stairs with him. His children were so much like him it hurt, but he won't change it for the world.

"See, Daddy, she's cooking, and it smells good." Ivy said as they stood in the kitchen doorway, watching Zakiya move about the kitchen. She was trying her best not to let her belly hit any.

"Mama never done that." The little girl whispered, tapping his shoulder. Elijah just stood there smiling, watching the woman until their eyes met.

"I hope you can fucking cooking. I don't let anything in my kitchen or let my kids eat anybody cooking. Shit, we aren't ready to die just yet." He said, making the woman's eyes widen as he and Ivy smirked.