ᔕI᙭TY| 60

"Oh, hi." Kamaria said as Zakiya opened the front door for her. Quickly she looked around then back to the woman standing in front of her. "I'm Kamaria... Elijah's sister. Is he here?" She said as Zakiya shrugged her shoulders.

"Don't know. I haven't seen him or the kids this morning."

"I know the kids had a sleepover with their cousins. Eli is here, and I probably know where... Zakiya, right?" She spoke as Ziya nodded her head. "Your beautiful, and that belly is so small for an almost nine-month pregnant woman...."

"I was...."

"I know, but it's cute on you. Have my Mom told you what you are having yet?" Kamaria said, making Kiya shake her head as she looked down at the floor. It made Mar turn back to the woman concerned.

"No, I didn't want to know. I've made it this far without knowing... truly I'm just scared that it's something wrong with my child. Not that I will care, but I know I was the cause. I was in a foreign country with no way to help myself. I fell for the first man that showed me attention, and it left me with nothing. I know your brother brought me here, but I'm just waiting on him to come to his senses and kick me back on the streets." Zakiya said.

"That's will never happen. Elijah is a dick, but he would never do that shit. Plus, we wouldn't let him. You have nothing to worry about. You and your baby are safe here and will always have a home, whether it's here with my brother or one of the empty houses. I mean, you may need to learn to defend yourself, but you're safe." Mar laughed, making the woman smile.

"Thank you."

"No problem. Now let me find my idiotic big brother. His ass probably high as fuck somewhere." Kamaria said as she walked away to find Elijah. It didn't take long to do so. He was in one of his favorite spots. The window room, as he called it, that overlooked the lake.

"Do you ever get tired of smoking?"

"I could ask you the same question. The only reason you didn't come as take it from my hand is that you're pregnant." He spoke, pointing at her belly. "I didn't think I would see the day my little sister carried twins. I always thought Melody and I or Heaven and Neveah would have them. Since they always claim twins have twins. That was a bullshit lie." He laughed.

"Are you good?"

"People die, Maria. We knew this time was coming, and now we can stop it. Opa is ready for his faith. Lucas is what is killing me. If he dies, that shit will break me, X, Vince, and AJ. I know you all too, but we are brothers... He and Vince are like fucking twins. We fight, we all fight, beat each other asses, but I can't lose another one of my big brothers and Gen...."

"I know. She is bad... real bad. No one can see him but her, and it kills me to know that one of my big brothers is on life-support. Then it's Chance. I don't know how to feel about that. He's our uncle. I don't understand...."

"Chance isn't the problem... Emmanuel is. I know I sound crazy, but he was lied to and in the dark just as must as we are. The man was told his parents didn't want him...."

"Boo-fucking-hoo so what his parents didn't want him. He's not the first and won't be the last." Kamaria said, making Elijah laugh, shaking his head. She was right but also wrong about this one.

"True, but he was stolen from his. For half of Chance's life, he's been around Oma thinking she his half-sister or something shit. Both her and Emmanuel didn't like him because they thought their father was sleeping around on their Mother until he was on his death bed. Then he told Emmanuel the truth when it should have been Chance. Emmanuel lied to Chance... How would you feel if Dad had a baby by another woman when Mom was on her death bed? Then how would you feel if you found out after years of being mistreated by your supposed to be sister was actually your Mother? Yeah, revenge will be on your mind. Emmanuel played on that until Chance realized it was wrong. He never hurt anybody." Elijah said, causing Kamaria to stare.