ᔕI᙭TY-Tᕼᖇᗴᗴ | 63

Luca was standing at the door looking into his son's room while his wife, Xerxes, and the other doctors continued to hook Lucas up to different types of machines. This wasn't something he wanted to see for one of his children. All of this weighed heavy on his mind as his phone ding forcing him to pull it from his pocket.

Tanaka: Pops, you need to come home.

: Why? What's wrong?

Tanaka: I rather not say in the text...

: It's my Dad. I know I can feel it. Is he still alive? If not, please tell me you were with him.

Tanaka: Sorry, and I was with him.

: I'm otw. I will do everything when I get there. Find Chance. He's there somewhere.

Lucas texted as he walked up to Vic and his siblings. "Dad...." Luca said as Raine touched his arm. She could tell he was about to lose it all of them could as one of his daughters wrapped their arms around his torso.

"You want me to get Mom?" Heaven asked as he shook his head.

"No, I just need one of you to take me to the house, but I'm going to be okay, Heav. Stop checking my pulse. Trust me. I'm not giving out any time soon. Take your old man home." Luca smiled a little at his daughter as she nodded.

"One of you tell Mom what's going on and call me if something changes." Heaven said to her sister, making her nod as she and Luca left the waiting area going straight to her car and home. Soon as the car came to a stop, Luca was out of it, running into his son's home and to the room his father was in.

"Hiro, you can leave now." Luca said, walking in watching as he sat there holding his father's hand. Luca smiled to himself, looking at how much his son-in-law loved his father.

"He told me to tell you that Lucas will be okay, and he was sorry he was sorry he couldn't wait for you to get here." He said, making Luca nod patting his back as he walked out. Quietly he stepped to the side of the bed, taking the seat Takahiro just left from.

"Yeah, you were supposed to wait for me, old man." Luca said as Chance walked in. The man stood by the door until Luca pointed to the chair on the other side of the bed. "The rest will be here in a minute...."

"I don't deserve to be here...."

"One thing our Father taught me. Is family is everything, Chance. We made stupid decisions and learn from them. He did a hell of a lot of wrongs in his lifetime, but he loved all of his children no matter what. He forgave you before he died, and I'm forgiving you now. He was your Father just as well as mine. Now sit your ass down and say your goodbyes." Luca said as Chance nodded, taking the seat across from him. He wasn't going to lie. The shit hurt. It hurt bad knowing he carried all that anger for a man that thought he was dead. Still, he forgave him and called him his son.

"I think I get it now. Emmanuel doesn't hate us because of who we are but how we act. The man was always calling me weak. Talking shit about I wear my heart on my sleeve just like my stupid ass Father, but the only thing I lack was his strength."

"One thing Axel never did was wore his heart on his sleeve. For the past sixteen years, I have known you. I have never seen you do it either. Emmanuel was just like our Grandfather. Racist, that's all it is to it. He will pay for this. Plus, you are too fucking old to be letting words get to you, Chance. If he could hear you trust me, he would rise from the dead and curse your ass out. You are a Köhler fucking act like it." Luca said, making him nod.