ᔕᗴᐯᗴᑎTY-ᖴOᑌᖇ | 74

"Ah, Mrs. Köhler nice of you to bless us with your presence." The nun said making Riley glared at Xerxes. Out of all the counselors he picked the church and Sister Ida to be their counselor. The woman was the definition of evil and was sitting up in the church as if she was a blessing.

"Sister Ida, it's nice to see you too. Yes, I did bless you with my presence today and what a beautiful day it is."

"Riley cut the bullcrap. We all know why you two are here. Don tells me that you have been having problems in your marriage, and I know the problems are one-sided. No, he did not tell that they were. I know that they are. I have watched the two of you grow and one thing I always noticed was how you were sheltered into believing that you did no wrong. Also, everything you did or said was right. Tell me where that got you, Donna?" Sister Ida spoke making Riley look down at her feet.

"You don't understand Sister...."

"I understand perfectly dear. I've been counseling for over ten years now. I have had married couples come in with all types of things. Down to one loving an animal more than their spouse. Never have I had one come in believing their dead friend who has proven to be the problem. You do love your husband. Am I right?" She spoke. Riley nodded looking over to Xerxes who seemed to be so far away.

"I do... with all my heart. I never wanted anyone but him, but when all of this blasted in your face and Xerxes has cheated on me once before."

"Riley, I didn't fu.... cheat on you! How when we weren't even together plus we were teenagers! This is now that was then. I know, I fu... messed up and I know it, and I did whatever it took to make it right. Why are you still holding something over my head that I did so many years ago? I could do the same, but I don't. What you do not understand is that I feel that I am in this relationship alone. That I am the only one that is trying to make it work. What do you want me to do? Get on my knees and beg? Tell you I did something I didn't? Let a dead woman end my damn marriage?!" He yelled as Sister Ida wrote something down.

"Don I know your feeling on this. You and I have been talking about them for a while now. Donna, I need to hear more of yours. I hear that you love your husband, but I want to hear from you what makes you love your husband and what makes you love your friend more."

"I never said that I loved Mariah more than Xerxes...."

"You didn't but your actions say that you do. You love her enough to believe her word over his. So, tell me a little about why you would do that, and it cannot be that she would never lie to you. As you can see that has happened over and over." The Sister spoke as Riley sat there. She couldn't think of anything to say making the nun hum writing something else in her notebook.

"I'm going to give the two of you an assignment. The thing I need you to know is there doesn't need to be any type of sexual relationship between the two of cloud things more than they are. I think you need to get to know one another again. I know this is going to be tricky because the two of you announced your divorce this morning to the world, but it needed to be done. Date night every Tuesday and Thursday. Family night Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Saturday and Sunday should be a break from each other. Do something with your brothers and in-laws Don and you Donna with the women. Next Monday I want you back here same time, and I want an answer to my question Donna." Sister Ida said.

"Yes, Sister Ida." Riley spoke as she watched Xerxes stand. She was looking for him to help her from her seat, but he walked past her without sparing a glance. A tear slipped from her eye as she caught Sister Ida's stare as they both listen to the door shut behind him.

"Donna I know it hurt that another woman had a child by your husband. The thing both of you failed at was not addressing the issue firsthand. You brushed it under the rug.... I want you to be truthful with me. Did you cheat on your husband? Is this where all this guilt is coming from? It's just you and I right now and you don't have to tell him right away, but you will have to."