Chapter 1

"I heard that your ex came back from Spain," Nam mentioned while helping me pack my clothes. "Are you sure you want to stay in the city for now?"

"I don't have any other choice, Nam. Plus, you're going back to your father, right? We can't stay here forever," I reasoned.

"But what about Becken? He's turning seven soon. Do you want him to leave his friends behind?" Nam asked again, trying to change my mind.

"I made up my mind. Becken and I were going to the city to start fresh. After all, he was born in the city, and that's where he belongs," I firmly replied, shaking my head at Nam.

It had been eight years since Saint left me for another girl. Yes, he was my ex, but he wasn't Becken's father.

Saint had told me that he was marrying another girl he didn't love and I told him that I would help him, but then I found out that even we were together, they were already engaged. It broke me into pieces.

That night, I had been drunk and passed out. I had no idea what happened, and when I woke up, I was in the hospital. Someone had paid my bills, and the doctor told me to take care of myself. I thought he was just being kind, but when I found out I was pregnant, I tried to find the doctor at the hospital, only to discover he was no longer there.

Until now, I wasn't able to talk to Saint. He didn't even know that I already had a son. It was so hard for me to raise a child alone, especially when I didn't know who was his father.

"He's not married yet," Nam mentioned. "What's your plan? Are you going to fulfill your promise to him?" she asked.

I shrugged. "Maybe? But I'm afraid he won't accept me if he finds out that I had a son."

"Well, Saint loves you more than anything. Maybe he'll love your son too. Don't you think?" Nam said and tilted her head in thought. "Anyway, I heard that the reason why Saint and her girlfriend weren't married yet is because the girl was unable to bear a child. So, this is your chance, Becky. What if you'll introduce Becken to him as his son?" Nam giggled and shook me but I rolled my eyes.

"Saint will doubt it. We broke up more than eight years ago, and Becken is only turning seven." I shook my head and continued packing our stuff.

"So, what's your plan?" Nam asked again. "The only way to get close to Saint is to work with his girlfriend's company."

"I have a plan, don't worry about it." I smiled and patted her shoulder.

"Mom, are we going to move somewhere?" Becken asked, rubbing his eyes.

I smiled and picked him up, giving him kisses on his cheeks.

"Yes, honey. We're going to the city. Remember how you wanted to build skyscrapers one day?" I asked.

Becken's face lit up, and he nodded eagerly.

"Go ahead and thank Auntie Nam for taking us with her," I said, putting him down. Becken ran to hug Nam.

"Thank you, Auntie Nam. You're the best angel I've ever known," Becken said, giggling.

"Who are the other angels?" Nam asked.

Becken shook his head. "That's why you're the best, because you don't have any competition," he giggled.

I laughed at the sight of them.

My plan was to go to the city and apply to Saint's girlfriend's company. I heard she was looking for a secretary, and according to Nam, I was the best candidate.